Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Cool Twins Flint Pipe Lighter

Discuss lighters, tampers, racks, pouches, etc

Cool Twins Flint Pipe Lighter

Postby Dodger » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:59 pm

My Smoking Shop has Cool Twins flint pipe lighters for sale at £6.99 and I have just received mine
A little on the small side ,about the width of a slim Zippo ,it is quite heavy for it's size and is leather wrapped over I presume chrome steel.No idea as to how long between refills as it came filled and today is the first day of use .The flint is changed like a Clipper by pulling the wheel assembly upwards and out and unscrewing the bottom section (not tried this yet) ,It's a little fiddly to get back in .but not a real problem .
Like many pipe smokers I have tried expensive lighters and they seem to fail fairly quickly ,and I was upset when Imco stopped producing their cheap £6.99 lighter about 5/6 years ago .Hopefully this brand will last a reasonable time .
For UK smokers only as My Smoking Shop cannot export these ,but they should be available elsewhere
Dodger
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Cool Twins Flint Pipe Lighter

Postby Geo3rge » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:47 am

Rather late reply! Thanks for this. I haven't heard of Cool Twins.
I use a Peterson lighter, a good performer. A pipe friend has stated that two of his Petersons began to go wrong about two years from buying them. Seems even good quality lighters have their limitations.
As I can't afford a really costly lighter I will make do for now. Matches make me feel queasy.
I will have a look on the the MSS site.
Goodness knows how much I've spent on lighters down the years...particularly galling if they don't last and each one so far indeed hasn't!
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member
Moderator & Supporting Member

Re: Cool Twins Flint Pipe Lighter

Postby Dodger » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:40 pm

I cannot recommend this lighter .it worked fine until the first refill and then it worked well rarely despite having gas and a good spark .After writing the previous sentence I tried it again and it lit 4 times out of 20 .
Dodger
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Return to Accessories