Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Poor-Man's 'Old-Boy'...

Discuss lighters, tampers, racks, pouches, etc

Re: Poor-Man's 'Old-Boy'...

Postby Taspiper » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:47 pm

Just goes to show that Hyundai's are bad for your health.
Cheers Rolf

"I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs." -Albert Einstein

http://www.acmeengineering.com.au
http://www.rolfhey.com
http://www.piquredabeille.com
Rolfhey@acmeengineering.com.au
Taspiper

Postby ragefather » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:53 pm

Anyone have to replace the flint on one of these Xikar's? Mine hasn't gone yet, but I'm wondering if you have to use Xikar flints or if you can use ronson, zippo or old boy ones.
ragefather

Postby ChuckMac » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:09 pm

ragefather wrote:Anyone have to replace the flint on one of these Xikar's? Mine hasn't gone yet, but I'm wondering if you have to use Xikar flints or if you can use ronson, zippo or old boy ones.

Whatever brand you want to use. I use Zippo flints in all my lighters and have never had a problem with my OldBoy, NIBO or any other flint lighter.

Ya know, life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer ya get to the end the faster it goes!

Chuck M.
ChuckMac

Postby ragefather » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:13 pm

ChuckMac wrote:
ragefather wrote:Anyone have to replace the flint on one of these Xikar's? Mine hasn't gone yet, but I'm wondering if you have to use Xikar flints or if you can use ronson, zippo or old boy ones.

Whatever brand you want to use. I use Zippo flints in all my lighters and have never had a problem with my OldBoy, NIBO or any other flint lighter.

Thanks Chuck. That makes it easy since zippo flints are available just about everywhere.
ragefather

Postby stormwulf133 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:08 pm

I just want to pipe in and say I have one of these lighters that I got as a gift. It has been my best lighter. I wasnt happy with the way the flame adjusted so I sent it back and they upped it a bit for me. The ebay seller sold it to me with the wrong outer shell. I wanted the black and silver and they sent me the silver. Xikar also swapped that out for me at no cost. They really have bent over backwards to help me. They will get my money from now on when it comes to lighters etc.
XIKAR 4 LIFE!
stormwulf133

Postby ragefather » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:40 pm

stormwulf133 wrote:I just want to pipe in and say I have one of these lighters that I got as a gift. It has been my best lighter. I wasnt happy with the way the flame adjusted so I sent it back and they upped it a bit for me. The ebay seller sold it to me with the wrong outer shell. I wanted the black and silver and they sent me the silver. Xikar also swapped that out for me at no cost. They really have bent over backwards to help me. They will get my money from now on when it comes to lighters etc.

Xikar support is top notch. I have utilized their lifetime warranty with a cigar cutter I have.

I should have mentioned that my flame kept getting smaller until it was about .5". Anyway, I took the bottom off and there is a metal lock that stops the flame adjuster. Likely when assembled it was just set too low, so I removed the lock and now I can make a torch if I want!
ragefather

Previous

Return to Accessories