Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Great Face Cleanser

Food, drink, sports, other hobbies, and passtimes

Great Face Cleanser

Postby JacintoCupboard » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:51 am

I have been hitting the pipes a bit hard the last few weeks and I was shocked to see how dirty my pores were, especially around my nose. I'm a low maintenance kind of guy and my beauty routine usually extends to washing my hair, beard and face in one go. I remember from my younger days that deep cleansing my face pores was something of a drama. Clay masks, exfoliating scrubs; most of them weren't that much better than soap and a good rough flannel. Clearly however the state of my face demanded something out of the ordinary.

Anyway I picked up some L'Oreal Hydra Energetic Magnetic Charcoal Cleanser. Okay the name is a little bit bullshit, and I have no idea what 'magnetic charcoal' might be, but this stuff really is the cat's pyjamas. Big thumbs up for this stuff. Cleaned my face completely in one hit.
JacintoCupboard
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Great Face Cleanser

Postby SteveH » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:06 am

You're worth it, but is it?
I was on a boat once with four pipes, but nothing to light them with, so I threw one overboard, and the boat became a pipe lighter.
My Facebook poetry page.
SteveH
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby JacintoCupboard » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:16 am

A tube cost me just over AUD $12. The instructions say to use an amount the size of a walnut. I used about the size of a pea and that was fine, given I'm only doing my face above the beard. I'm guessing if you did this once or twice a week it would last you 6 months to a year. So that's pretty cheap I think.
JacintoCupboard
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby Geo3rge » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:18 am

For UK members who are interested, Sainsbury's is currently doing a deal on this stuff at £4.00, a third off normal price. I know, because I bought some yesterday. To take up the punning thread - was it worth it? Tried it this morning. I didn't think I immediately looked very much different but the substance, a strange dark grey colour that foams up well and gives a nice lather on the face, did provide a pleasant softness and creaminess. I am assuming that it did the trick! It will be worth persisting if only for the unusual look of the liquid soap which one normally expects to be a white or cream colour. It feels nice anyway! I also have very dry, rough skin and some issues with eczema on occasions on my hands, so anything to lubricate and moisten is welcome. And who says we shouldn't take care of the way we look? Same goes for teeth, as discussed in another topic. 'Smoke gets in their eyes' and just about everywhere else as well. Thanks for mentioning it.
G.
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member
Moderator & Supporting Member

Postby JacintoCupboard » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:13 pm

Glad the info was of use to you Geo3rge. :)
JacintoCupboard
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Return to Finer Things