Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Maine deer

Food, drink, sports, other hobbies, and passtimes

Maine deer

Postby Slickheadhunter » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:07 am

I was fortunate once again in the state of Maine bow hunting. This deer was only 7 yards from my tree as it walked by and after the shot only ran 30 yards.

A tradition we started over 25 years ago still stands! After a successful deer hunt the lucky hunter gets to drink a moxie! The catch is you cannot drink one any other time( it's considered bad luck! :)

Slickheadhunter

Re: Maine deer

Postby Piperman » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:35 am

No comment ...
Igor Image - Pipe Dreamer
Piperman
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby Slickheadhunter » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:50 am

You just did!
Slickheadhunter

Postby 12toneman » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:03 pm

my comment: yum! All i see there is a big bowl of venison chili!

slick, you done any wingshooting in maine this fall?
...what helped to bring about that almost impious good-humor of his; that thing must have been his pipe.
12toneman

Postby Slickheadhunter » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:51 pm

I used to do a lot of grouse hunting years ago, but since I started bow hunting I haven't had the time, but we saw lots of grouse while in northern New Hampshire and Maine.speaking of chili, my wife recently made a killer chili using a new recipe!
Slickheadhunter

Postby 12toneman » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:50 pm

i'd love to get up there and get in some upland birding. but no gun, no bird...no go. A few years ago, my old man and I spent a couple of days in Argentina shooting doves. The dollar was strong at the time and we had a great time at a first class resort where we were fully outfitted. good times, but terrible shooting scores :lol: . wingshooting=damn hard.
...what helped to bring about that almost impious good-humor of his; that thing must have been his pipe.
12toneman

Return to Finer Things