Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

What are you wearing?

Food, drink, sports, other hobbies, and passtimes

What are you wearing?

Postby Geo3rge » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:26 pm

What's your best/favourite/most suitable clothing? Casual, smart, smart/casual/absolute down at heels?
I must admit that, when I'm in and around the house puffing away and doing bits of things, I tend to wear the same boring sort of items day in, day out, usually old trousers that have seen better days but are still functional, shirts that have frayed collars and cuffs but still wearable and shoes that have gone well past their sell by date complete with scuff marks and cracked soles. It's only when I have an appointment or such that I wear the more acceptable stuff that passes for smart. I like wearing a shirt and tie, but certainly not in the garden, nor when the cat wants to sleep on my lap or at 2 in the morning when I'm struggling with sleep and health issues.
What's your mode of fashion these days? More to the point, does it go with the pipe, or do you care at all if it doesn't?
Steve
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member

Re: what are you wearing?

Postby William » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:39 pm

My mode of fashion changed over the decades but for about 20 years you could not distinguish me from one of the control guys at NASA during the 1960s (geek squad): White or blue classic oxford shirt, plain front dress paints and black wing tips (short sleeve pin point oxfords in the summer). Always an oxford shirt. I starched and ironed every morning, shined shoes once a week, and was never without a pressed handkerchief. However, I rarely wore a tie.

For work, my fashion choices today are casual conservative.

Weekends are usually jeans, tee shirts (with hoody when cold), and boots or sneakers.

Sometimes the clothes match the pipe but mostly not. Except for my morning smoke on the way to work, I smoke at home in my recliner 99% of the time and what I wear there doesn’t need to be seen in public. ;)
The meaning of life becomes irrelevant once I'm smoking my pipe.
William
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: What are you wearing?

Postby Dodger » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:48 pm

Now I no longer work it is jeans ,t-shirt , sweat shirt or sweater according to temperature and over the top a multi pocket waistcoat for pipes ,tobacco etc .On my feet there are sandals because of a dressing to my right heel ,and I am finding them so comfortable I will carry on wearing them .The great thing is that I do not have to worry about sparks from a pipe when wearing them ,and they are so comfortable .
Dodger
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby Smokedrift » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:34 am

Smokedrift
Smokedrift

Postby kats » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:21 am

I had no doubt that this thread would get twisted... if it wasn't me, someone would step up.

It looks like it might be cold at the lake. ;)
George
There are three kinds of people in this world... those who can add and those who can't.
kats

Postby Geo3rge » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:57 am

I'm wondering where they store their pipes. Under the hats?
Steve
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge

Postby CPWSolf » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:26 am

I tend to live in shirts, whether it is gardening, smoking, relaxing. The occasional T-Shirt or rugby shirt will appear too. Come winter I add a wooly jumper, barbour jacket and wellies.
Chris

"You have seen but not observed whereas I both see and observe."

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCadYy6qr4IjVVsVT7zrCZag
CPWSolf
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Return to Finer Things