Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

EU Refugee Crisis

Friendly and intelligent discussion about politics and other controversial topics takes place here. No rules yet. Enter at your own risk. You must request to join "controversy" user group to use this forum.

EU Refugee Crisis

Postby Josh1982 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:35 pm

The number of migrants is in the HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS, easily exceeding half a million and is expected to reach 2,000,000; primarily from Syria and Afghanistan. Should the European countries be forced to accept their “fair share” of migrants? EU and UN leaders seem to think so.
“A pipe is the fountain of contemplation, the source of pleasure, the companion of the wise; and the man who smokes, thinks like a philosopher and acts like a Samaritan.” -Edward George Bulwer-Lytton, 1st Baron Lytton
Josh1982

Re: EU Refugee Crisis

Postby KevLa » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:30 pm

When I was but a small child, my mother taught me the importance of sharing. I have not forgotten it.
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby acaciavet » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:30 pm

Europe is so screwed.Bleeding hearts are getting what they deserve.Let these Muslim fools fend for themselves!
Once a Coastie always a Coastie
Chuck
acaciavet
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby KevLa » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:12 pm

Are any of the forum's Christians willing to share their thoughts on this issue?
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby Hermit » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:42 am

Europe is lost.
I hope our leaders can see this happening and at least try to prevent it.
They're not coming to share. Kiss your culture goodbye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU
Video from 2009. I wonder how much the numbers have changed recently.

Make America Great Again
Hermit
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby acaciavet » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:48 pm

Hermit wrote:Europe is lost.
I hope our leaders can see this happening and at least try to prevent it.
They're not coming to share. Kiss your culture goodbye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU
Video from 2009. I wonder how much the numbers have changed recently.

Hermit the Aussies and Brits will be all over your ass now.They love sharing with Akmed and Hodgie. Me on the other hand say screw em all!
Chuck
acaciavet
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby PipeStoke » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:26 pm

I'm really astonished by the fundamentalist hatred you guys have towards those of us on the board who are European. Where does that all come from?

I can't help feeling that you are sitting there, cheering for everything to go to Hell in a handbasket everywhere in order to 'prove you right' or some such. OK, whatever rocks your boat but when I see other people in trouble, whatever their background, I tend to feel sympathy, not glee over the problems or hatred for those suffering them. I have never wished ill on the US; to feel that way about a whole nation and its people borders on the insane. There are elements to the US that I consider somewhat less than ideal, but my belief that this is the case, simply cannot extend to hatred and a wish to abuse Americans on the whole for it.

Again though, whatever rocks your boat. If your worldview extends no further than that, then so be it.
PipeStoke

Postby PipeStoke » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:30 pm

acaciavet wrote:Hermit the Aussies and Brits will be all over your ass now.They love sharing with Akmed and Hodgie. Me on the other hand say screw em all!

I have rarely seen as vile a comment as this one in a setting I otherwise consider polite and informed society.

As much fundamentalist hatred is spewed by you guys as one will get from fundamentalist Muslims. Feeding hatred and division, leads only to more of it and I cannot for the life of my see what the value of that is outside a deeply fundamentalist agenda.
PipeStoke

Postby KevLa » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:00 pm

I agree completely, PipeStoke. It's beyond ironic and into tragic that this is the same thinking, or rather lack thereof, that led a small group of individuals to attack the World Trade Center. The cycle of hatred continues :(
KevLa

Postby Hermit » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:56 am

PipeStoke wrote:I'm really astonished by the fundamentalist hatred you guys have towards those of us on the board who are European. Where does that all come from?

I can't help feeling that you are sitting there, cheering for everything to go to Hell in a handbasket everywhere in order to 'prove you right' or some such. OK, whatever rocks your boat but when I see other people in trouble, whatever their background, I tend to feel sympathy, not glee over the problems or hatred for those suffering them. I have never wished ill on the US; to feel that way about a whole nation and its people borders on the insane. There are elements to the US that I consider somewhat less than ideal, but my belief that this is the case, simply cannot extend to hatred and a wish to abuse Americans on the whole for it.

Again though, whatever rocks your boat. If your worldview extends no further than that, then so be it.

No hatred, my friend.

You have my sympathies.
Not cheering...quietly sobbing for you.
The destruction of European culture hurts my heart.
Make America Great Again
Hermit
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby acaciavet » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:13 pm

Hermit, I can read the stitches on a fastball, And I called it right!The Muslims are taking over the cities of Europe they are raping women and the boys feel sorry for them!Finally, some good old boys in Finland are starting to thump the animals. I wonder if this would happen In Belfast?
Chuck
acaciavet
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby Hermit » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:52 pm

acaciavet wrote:Hermit, I can read the stitches on a fastball, And I called it right!The Muslims are taking over the cities of Europe they are raping women and the boys feel sorry for them!Finally, some good old boys in Finland are starting to thump the animals. I wonder if this would happen In Belfast?

It ain't goin' over well in Russia. :lol:
http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/04/refugees-go-clubbing-in-russia-harass-girls-wake-up-in-hospital-the-next-morning/
A group of 51 refugees were brutally assaulted outside a night club in Murmansk, Russia, after they groped and molested women at a night club Saturday.

The refugees had previously been ordered to leave Norway for “bad behavior” and tried their luck in Russia. What they didn’t realize when they went out clubbing in Murmansk is that Russians have less tolerance when it comes to sexual assault on local women than other European countries.

The refugees allegedly groped and harassed women in a similar manner as the assaults in Cologne on New Year’s Eve. A group of male Russians took them aside to “educate” them that “Cologne is 2,500 kilometers south of here.”
Make America Great Again
Hermit
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby acaciavet » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:16 pm

Hermit i love it!Can you imagine what would happen to these clowns in Dallas?
Chuck
acaciavet
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby KevLa » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:51 am

I'm not referring to people alleged to have committed sexual abuse, here. I am referring to men, women and children who, through no fault of their own, have found their homeland unsafe to live in, and are therefore forced to look for somewhere else to live.
KevLa

Postby PipeStoke » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:05 am

KevLa wrote:I'm not referring to people alleged to have committed sexual abuse, here. I am referring to men, women and children who, through no fault of their own, have found their homeland unsafe to live in, and are therefore forced to look for somewhere else to live.

Sadly, it seems neither Acacia, nor Hermit see any distinction between the two, KevLa.

The whole world is an enemy and everyone is out to get them, everywhere and all the time.

I'm glad I grew up in Europe. It was safe then. My niece is growing up in Europe now and I'm glad that's where she is; it is still the safest place on earth and will continue to be.
PipeStoke

Return to Master Debators