Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

before you start off about Nazis: both right and left

Friendly and intelligent discussion about politics and other controversial topics takes place here. No rules yet. Enter at your own risk. You must request to join "controversy" user group to use this forum.

Re: before you start off about Nazis: both right and left

Postby acaciavet » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:14 pm

I am one mean right winger and I am man enough to say it and man enough to back it up!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
Once a Coastie always a Coastie
Chuck
acaciavet
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby gnossos » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:49 am

hey I'm a us kid, don't be like that. Probly read more than you and could play devil's advocate against you any side you want to come at me from. I don't think we're best personally - and I don't think saying so is exactly treason or insulting. Sometimes the best way to improve is to be willing to be self-effacing.

I don't really want to be a mean anything, that's how we convince ourselves to vote against our best interests - on both sides. The right thinks I vote just about as bad as I think they do. Don't need to threaten, don't need to insult. Just gotta know the brass tacks of how people think and operate.

With all the chest-beating that goes on during the cable news broadcasts I'm reminded of a very important quote. Speak softly, and carry a big stick. Or in poker terms, don't wear your hand on your sleeve. Until then let's just bbq some ribs and get over it.
gnossos
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby gnossos » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:54 am

speaking of, I have some ribs in the fridge and I'm kinda thinking about doing this with them

http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/07/sweet ... -spareribs
gnossos
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby acaciavet » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:40 pm

I am all for the ribs thing cheers mate.Some day you will come in to the light. :lol:
Once a Coastie always a Coastie
Chuck
acaciavet
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby gnossos » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:19 am

this could be the start of something brilliant

OK, hear me out. BBQ Party. Forget the Tea Party, Dems, Reps, Libs, etc.

Here's how we play it. We go door to door collecting funds for campaigning and signatures to get on the ballot. All we need is about 5% to be included in televised debates. We show up at their door with some chicken wings or pulled pork and have them sign a consent form freeing us of responsibility if the meat is undercooked. No one reads what they sign - it'll actually be part of the petition to get us into the debates.

So, once we get our gig, the work begins. We're going to need people on the inside. First, we design a smoker that perfectly replicates the podium we would be standing at during the debate. Then, we find a mole to install it just prior to the live televised debate. Preferably with a great ventilation system so we can start the smoking process 10+ hours before the debate and let it go unnoticed.

While the gaggle are squabbling and yelling about flag pins or whatever we just casually whip out a perfectly smoked Boston butt, toss it on a platter, and, without a word, just start walking from podium to podium serving the other candidates. If, while eating, they try to start proselytizing again, we whack them on the head with a dirty set of tongs like training a dog trying to stink between the shoulders by rolling on some rot.

Once we win in a landslide, we then equip all members of our party with a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's, and any time other parties wish to fillibuster, they just squirt it at them while gnawing on the gristle of a buffalo wing.

Then come the vegetarian internment camps. And it all goes wrong from there :/
gnossos
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby beaupipe » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:55 am

gnossos wrote:this could be the start of something brilliant

OK, hear me out. BBQ Party. Forget the Tea Party, Dems, Reps, Libs, etc.

Here's how we play it. We go door to door collecting funds for campaigning and signatures to get on the ballot. All we need is about 5% to be included in televised debates. We show up at their door with some chicken wings or pulled pork and have them sign a consent form freeing us of responsibility if the meat is undercooked. No one reads what they sign - it'll actually be part of the petition to get us into the debates.

So, once we get our gig, the work begins. We're going to need people on the inside. First, we design a smoker that perfectly replicates the podium we would be standing at during the debate. Then, we find a mole to install it just prior to the live televised debate. Preferably with a great ventilation system so we can start the smoking process 10+ hours before the debate and let it go unnoticed.

While the gaggle are squabbling and yelling about flag pins or whatever we just casually whip out a perfectly smoked Boston butt, toss it on a platter, and, without a word, just start walking from podium to podium serving the other candidates. If, while eating, they try to start proselytizing again, we whack them on the head with a dirty set of tongs like training a dog trying to stink between the shoulders by rolling on some rot.

Once we win in a landslide, we then equip all members of our party with a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's, and any time other parties wish to fillibuster, they just squirt it at them while gnawing on the gristle of a buffalo wing.

Then come the vegetarian internment camps. And it all goes wrong from there :/

Show me where to sign. I'd also like to apply for the new position of "Vegetarian Retrainer."

http://rlv.zcache.com/meatatarian_vegetables_funny_bumper_sticker_humor-p128324973335965337trl0_400.jpg
beaupipe
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby SmokinFool » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:37 pm

I love you guys! What I think we really need to get things started is a "BBQ Summit."
Andy

If guns kill people then forks make people fat and pencils misspell words.
SmokinFool

Previous

Return to Master Debators