Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Monkey Business In Florida

Friendly and intelligent discussion about politics and other controversial topics takes place here. No rules yet. Enter at your own risk. You must request to join "controversy" user group to use this forum.

Monkey Business In Florida

Postby SmokinFool » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:16 am

An article in the Pipe Smokers Intelligencer speaks of the mayor of Orlando and Orange County Florida, who apparently secretly signed an executive order banning smoking IN OR ON ANY PROPERTY owned by Orlando or Orange County.

Here's the link to the article if anyone is interested in reading it:

http://pipesmokersintelligencer.org/archives/959

Wow. I wish I could say I'm surprised by this, but I'm afraid it is only one of many such secret deals that have been made in the last eighteen months.
Andy

If guns kill people then forks make people fat and pencils misspell words.
SmokinFool

Re: Monkey Business In Florida

Postby Grammaton » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:46 am

That kind of thing happens because there's no accountability any more. And by accountability I mean buckets of tar and sacks of feathers liberally applied by the irate populace. :D
I'm not arguing. I'm just offering a relentlessly contrary point of view.
Grammaton

Re: Monkey Business In Florida

Postby bob9039 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:28 am

Need they be reminded that Florida is a major producer of tobacco.

I can't understand the thought process of banning smoking on large properties. Surely smokers and non-smokers can co-exist. This is just pure anti-smoking
legislation made by politicians with superior intelects to help us ignorant simple folk improve our lives.

I smoke one pipe a day to relax at night and I need "fixing". They secretly do prescription zanax which is completely acceptable to them. Like Captain Kirk said in the Wrath of Kahn,"I'm laughing at your superior intelect".

Bob
Bob
bob9039
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Return to Master Debators