Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

bin laden announced killed

Friendly and intelligent discussion about politics and other controversial topics takes place here. No rules yet. Enter at your own risk. You must request to join "controversy" user group to use this forum.

bin laden announced killed

Postby gnossos » Mon May 02, 2011 2:48 am

yup.
gnossos
Moderator & Plank Owner
Moderator & Plank Owner

Re: bin laden announced killed

Postby ChuckMac » Mon May 02, 2011 2:58 am

And Obama is already taking credit for it. Why am I not surprised? The broadcaster says, "What a victory for Obama!" Probably be enough to get the turkey re-elected tho. What crap!
Last edited by ChuckMac on Mon May 02, 2011 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ya know, life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer ya get to the end the faster it goes!

Chuck M.
ChuckMac

Postby KevLa » Mon May 02, 2011 3:00 am

One less alleged freedom-fighter / terrorist (depending upon who one speaks to) in the world, then... if it's true...
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby gnossos » Mon May 02, 2011 3:11 am

ChuckMac wrote:And Obama is already taking credit for it. Why am I not surprised? The broadcaster says, "What a victory for Obama!" Probably be enough to get the turkey re-elected tho. What crap!

imo that's missing the point, but probably what will happen. I'd rather just remember the moment.

btw this is also the 8 yr anniversary of "mission accomplished"

gnossos
Moderator & Plank Owner
Moderator & Plank Owner

Postby gnossos » Mon May 02, 2011 3:20 am

fwiw The Rock knew first

http://twitter.com/#%21/TheRock/status/ ... 7341938688

frankly I think he'd make a fine president.
gnossos
Moderator & Plank Owner
Moderator & Plank Owner

Postby ChuckMac » Mon May 02, 2011 3:21 am

gnossos wrote:
ChuckMac wrote:And Obama is already taking credit for it. Why am I not surprised? The broadcaster says, "What a victory for Obama!" Probably be enough to get the turkey re-elected tho. What crap!

imo that's missing the point, but probably what will happen. I'd rather just remember the moment.

I'll gladly drink to remembering this moment! It's been a long, costly war in terms of life as well as money.

btw this is also the 8 yr anniversary of "mission accomplished"

I never did understand that twaddle. Did you?

Ya know, life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer ya get to the end the faster it goes!

Chuck M.
ChuckMac

Postby ChuckMac » Mon May 02, 2011 3:24 am

gnossos wrote:fwiw The Rock knew first

http://twitter.com/#%21/TheRock/status/ ... 7341938688

frankly I think he'd make a fine president.

At least he's still popular and he has better hair than Trump.

Chuck M.
ChuckMac

Postby KevLa » Mon May 02, 2011 3:26 am

ChuckMac wrote:I'll gladly drink to remembering this moment! It's been a long, costly war in terms of life as well as money.

You consider a war to have been won, then? :?
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby ChuckMac » Mon May 02, 2011 3:27 am

Nope. We've got a long way to go. It's been a long costly war to date. Hell no! It ain't over til Brunhilda boogies!

Chuck M.
ChuckMac

Postby gnossos » Mon May 02, 2011 3:32 am

its just one of those Moments in Time, as the days of our lives pass by as grains of sand in an hourglass :P

No left vs. right here

Just good to take note, might be one of those times you remember where you were. I'm on my couch with Scottish Cake in a Castello and telling people about this on the internet.

My kids will, I'm sure, be proud.
gnossos
Moderator & Plank Owner
Moderator & Plank Owner

Postby KevLa » Mon May 02, 2011 3:33 am

ChuckMac wrote:Nope. We've got a long way to go. It's been a long costly war to date. Hell no! It ain't over til Brunhilda boogies!

So, in your opinion, what would constitute the U.S.A.'s victory conditions in this "war"?
KevLa

Postby ChuckMac » Mon May 02, 2011 3:34 am

gnossos wrote:its just one of those Moments in Time, as the days of our lives pass by as grains of sand in an hourglass :P

No left vs. right here

Just good to take note, might be one of those times you remember where you were.

Right you are. So right you are.

Chuck M.
ChuckMac

Postby ChuckMac » Mon May 02, 2011 3:35 am

KevLa wrote:
ChuckMac wrote:Nope. We've got a long way to go. It's been a long costly war to date. Hell no! It ain't over til Brunhilda boogies!

So, in your opinion, what would constitute the U.S.A.'s victory conditions in this "war"?

I have no opinion regarding it. I'm not there. I don't have the skinny on what's going on, who's doing who or who's doing what to who and I don't pretend to.

Chuck M.
ChuckMac

Postby gnossos » Mon May 02, 2011 3:37 am

My dad was flying out of logan that day.

There was stress involved. Luckily he was delayed.
gnossos
Moderator & Plank Owner
Moderator & Plank Owner

Postby KevLa » Mon May 02, 2011 3:38 am

ChuckMac wrote:...I don't have the skinny on what's going on, who's doing who or who's doing what to who and I don't pretend to.

Good man. I think you've just voiced what should be similarly realised by millions upon millions of people worldwide :)
KevLa

Postby ChuckMac » Mon May 02, 2011 3:39 am

gnossos wrote:My dad was flying out of logan that day.

There was stress involved. Luckily he was delayed.

I'm glad for your entire family that he was delayed.

Chuck M.
ChuckMac

Postby ChuckMac » Mon May 02, 2011 3:39 am

KevLa wrote:
ChuckMac wrote:...I don't have the skinny on what's going on, who's doing who or who's doing what to who and I don't pretend to.

Good man. I think you've just voiced what should be similarly realised by millions upon millions of people worldwide :)

I'll drink to that too!

Chuck M.
ChuckMac

Postby gnossos » Mon May 02, 2011 3:52 am

yeah I just mixed up a margarita and I don't feel too guilty for it even though it's a Sunday
gnossos
Moderator & Plank Owner
Moderator & Plank Owner

Postby Hermit » Mon May 02, 2011 4:23 am

Terrific news!
Obama even sounded like a proud American leader.
Congratulations to all involved.
Don't feed the spammers!
Hermit
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby Hermit » Mon May 02, 2011 4:25 am

KevLa wrote:

Peace.
Don't feed the spammers!
Hermit
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Next

Return to Master Debators