Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

bin laden announced killed

Friendly and intelligent discussion about politics and other controversial topics takes place here. No rules yet. Enter at your own risk. You must request to join "controversy" user group to use this forum.

Re: bin laden announced killed

Postby Hermit » Fri May 06, 2011 11:54 pm

ruraldean wrote:What we have seen its a whole load of photos of Obama and Clinton with military staff all watching something on a large screen and Hilary looks horrified. There were several pictures and they were certainly watching something they didn't want to see.

They were watching Celebrity Apprentice. :lol:
Don't feed the spammers!
Hermit
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby gnossos » Sat May 07, 2011 3:06 am

ChuckMac wrote:
gnossos wrote:We don't really need to get into it, just think of it this way - if Obama can take no credit for killin OBL because all he did was make the order

then

uh

OBL can't really be credited with... you know...

I'm with Hermit, and if he and I are agreeing... that's a pretty good sign :P

Bin Laden admitted what he did. He happily claimed and took the credit. He also supplied the funds for many of the operations his hands were in. Obama didn't even do that much. WE did not give OBL credit. A slight difference there. But since the past is the past what's the use of hashing it over? We'll get no where. OBL is dead. Obama is still alive and still able to stir the stink. I'm moving on. I've got tobacco to think about before I can't get any more due to government meddling.

Good, I hesitated posting because I was worried that might be taken the wrong way, but you seem like a pretty OK guy so I went for it.

There is no politician on earth who wouldn't try to turn this into political capitol in one way or another. That's just the game. I really don't want to think of this in the terms of the game.

also am I crazy or did people miss my post about how we have awesome skydiving, oxygen-tank-wearing, lost-teeth-replaced-with-titanium-fangs dogs fighting terror over there? Because that is awesome. Also they have "doggles" (dog goggles). This is crazytown.
gnossos
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby gnossos » Sat May 07, 2011 3:09 am

bob9039 wrote:
KevLa wrote: You stated that your cousin was killed "over there". Without wanting to cause you any offence or upset, do you mind if I enquire, over where?

Helmand province, Afghanistan.

I'm very sorry to hear this. No man could hear this and not thank your cousin's memory for his service. I am very, very lucky to still have my best friend.

At the same time, I 100% understand where ruraldean is coming from, and he might be able to convince me. This is a messy pickle. I figure that debate is a slog though, and not best for right here.
gnossos
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby bob9039 » Sat May 07, 2011 4:27 am

gnossos wrote:

I'm very sorry to hear this. No man could hear this and not thank your cousin's memory for his service.

Thankyou.

I was not "happy" that UBL was killed. I believe it had to be done but I'm not happy any of these events are occuring. I think the majority of citizens in America feel this way. We don't like it, but we were and will continue to be attacked. A very , very small percentage of our citizens were dancing in the streets and making a scene about the killing of UBL. Mostly those under 25 were involved ... and I believe have no idea how horrible the reality of it is. What the rest of the world sees is media spin mixed with politics. Don't believe it. Everyone I know thought "we finally got him" ... but I saw no joy. No jubilation. If and when the day comes this madness is over I will celebrate. I will rejoice.

I believe the American people (not the one's you see on TV) are decent. We actually care about other people around the world and put our money and our lives where our mouth is... which is more than most other countries do (the UK is our best ally and one of few countries that does the same). It's sad that these events make us look the opposite. By "us" I mean the average american citizen.
Bob
bob9039
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby KevLa » Sat May 07, 2011 6:51 am

bob9039 wrote:
KevLa wrote: You stated that your cousin was killed "over there". Without wanting to cause you any offence or upset, do you mind if I enquire, over where?

Helmand province, Afghanistan.

Even though I don't know how he was killed, by whom, and who he was defending, I repeat that I am sorry to hear about your cousin's death, Bob...

...But then, I'm sorry to hear about any death. Yes, even Osama Bin Laden's, especially since I am convinced it will lead to a lot more death. This is not the same as sympathising with him. I just think that cold-blooded murder, punishment without trial, war and the prospect of an imminent retaliation for the retaliation for the retaliation for the retaliation (et cetera), are all very saddening and not a little scary. Still, I'll do my best not to let fear get the best of me and warp me into some hate-filled shadow of my former self that pretends men aren't men and revels in bloodshed.

"Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby brim325 » Sat May 07, 2011 1:18 pm

"Eye For And Eye" I always say. We got our Eye, a bit late, but we got it. Can't help the way I feel Gents , we here in the states, don't let someone come in & kill our family members & not retaliate.

"If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It"
brim325

Postby bob9039 » Thu May 19, 2011 1:56 am

Last edited by bob9039 on Thu May 19, 2011 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bob
bob9039
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby brim325 » Thu May 19, 2011 4:53 am

bob9039 wrote:.

I do apologize bud , put it back up if you wish.

"If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It"
brim325

Previous

Return to Master Debators