Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

bin laden announced killed

Friendly and intelligent discussion about politics and other controversial topics takes place here. No rules yet. Enter at your own risk. You must request to join "controversy" user group to use this forum.

Re: bin laden announced killed

Postby englanddave » Mon May 02, 2011 10:19 am

is this the guy who got him
Attachments
hero.jpg
hero.jpg (9.85 KiB) Viewed 913 times
Dave

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”
-Indian Proverb
englanddave
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby ScotsJim » Mon May 02, 2011 10:55 am

:lol: :lol:

Nice one Dave.
Jim
"The Pontificating Pipe!"
http://www.youtube.com/user/TamperPeterson
Don't make me get my penny whistle !
http://www.youtube.com/user/fatheroblivion45
ScotsJim

Postby gnossos » Mon May 02, 2011 2:30 pm

gnossos
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby englanddave » Mon May 02, 2011 2:35 pm

gnossos wrote:Image

nice one :lol: :lol:
Regards Dave
Dave

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”
-Indian Proverb
englanddave
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby Bob » Mon May 02, 2011 5:55 pm

KevLa wrote:One less alleged freedom-fighter / terrorist (depending upon who one speaks to) in the world, then... if it's true...

Alleged? He publically admitted to planning the killing of men, women, and children in the middle east, Europe, and the USA.
Last edited by Bob on Mon May 02, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob
Bob
Moderator & Supporting Member

Postby Bob » Mon May 02, 2011 6:00 pm

Bob
Bob

Postby kats » Mon May 02, 2011 8:09 pm

SteveMc wrote:Osama Bin Laden to be officially announced World Hide and Seek Champion, 2001-2011
SteveMc

I give him recognition as the undisputed champion for 2001-2010... but in 2011...
WE FOUND HIM !!!!
George
There are three kinds of people in this world... those who can add and those who can't.
kats

Postby SmokinFool » Mon May 02, 2011 9:28 pm

This is definitely a victory. Not THE victory, but A victory. :D
Andy

If guns kill people then forks make people fat and pencils misspell words.
SmokinFool

Postby Bob » Mon May 02, 2011 11:52 pm

KevLa wrote: Personally, I think if more people had worried about implications before undertaking certain actions, much of this so-called war would never have occurred :idea:

Maybe the lawless thugs who have murdered thousands should have thought about the consequences of their actions.
Last edited by Bob on Tue May 03, 2011 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob
Bob

Postby gnossos » Tue May 03, 2011 2:19 am

I think he was referring to our well-documented meddling in the middle east prior to this, like... giving the dude money to fight the Russians.

IMO it's water under the bridge, I don't have a time machine, do you?
gnossos
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby Bob » Tue May 03, 2011 2:49 am

We'll if that's you meant Kev, I apologize. We are aholes at times in our foreign policy. Our Gov't frequently supports the dictator of the day when it's in our best interest. That's a fact. Yes, in hindsight we probably brought some of these problems on ourselves ... rather, our stupid politicians have. Now we have a mess and have to deal with it. My point still is: given the current day situation we have to do something to stop the killing of innocents. Sorry to all If I got a little heated on this subject but I had a first cousin killed over there that was really trying to help the people. He gave his life protecting a village of innocents.
Bob
Bob

Postby SteveMc » Tue May 03, 2011 7:51 am

I guess that's the end of the "Where's Osama" series of books. ;)

wheres-osama.jpg

SteveMc
SteveMc

Postby ScotsJim » Tue May 03, 2011 8:38 am

bob9039 wrote:We'll if that's you meant Kev, I apologize. We are aholes at times in our foreign policy. Our Gov't frequently supports the dictator of the day when it's in our best interest. That's a fact. Yes, in hindsight we probably brought some of these problems on ourselves ... rather, our stupid politicians have. Now we have a mess and have to deal with it. My point still is: given the current day situation we have to do something to stop the killing of innocents. Sorry to all If I got a little heated on this subject but I had a first cousin killed over there that was really trying to help the people. He gave his life protecting a village of innocents.

Sorry for your loss Bob.

Unfortunately, your government is not alone in supporting dictators and assholes. We're as guilty as that over this side of the pond.

Regards,
Jim

P.S. Just to add a little levity....

I once heard Bin Laden say he'd take on the West single-handedly.......

....I never knew he had a conviction for shoplifting ! ;)
Jim
"The Pontificating Pipe!"
http://www.youtube.com/user/TamperPeterson
Don't make me get my penny whistle !
http://www.youtube.com/user/fatheroblivion45
ScotsJim

Postby Jameson » Wed May 04, 2011 1:53 pm

Isn't that what happens every time we give a third world misfit a gun and tell him we'll support their cause if they start a revolution? They have no concept of loyalty or honor so they end up pointing the gun at evryone, including us, killing our women and children? Let the middle east simmer and rot as long as they do it in their yard and not ours.

As far as Osama goes? There's no question he needed to be put out of our misery and the world is better for it, we can only hope it will take some wind out of the sails of some of the terrorists, afterall, this does send them the message, "No matter who you are, we can find you."

As far as Obama goes? There's no question he did this right, he took the time and waited until the intelligence nearly guaranteed success. BUT let's not forget that the intelligence was gathered in Gitmo using waterboarding... Tools used under G.W.'s presidency to acquire intelligence that has stopped many other terrorist threats since 9/11. But that's a whole other debate.

As far as the future goes? You can probably count on retaliation... hopefully it will be weak, rushed and we can gather the intel necessary to stop it before it starts.
Jameson

Postby gnossos » Wed May 04, 2011 2:29 pm

actually, waterboarding was what got us the faulty info to go into Iraq.

Enhanced interrogation did not lead to Osama. But don't take it from me - I think Donald Rumsfled has more information on the subject.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/DonaldR ... ode=C30F-1

Frankly, I don't care whether or not it works (and it doesn't, KSM didn't admit to knowing the courier that led us to the compound and yet was waterboarded 183 times), it's morally reprehensible and a stain on the values of our country.

I definitely think the admin is preparing for potential retaliation, though. There were military guys with assault weapons during my commute yesterday (didn't see them today) and I have to admit outside of political rallies I think that's the first I've just seen them hanging around like that.

I'm interested to hear what Pakistan has to say. Christine Amanpour at least seemed pretty confident he was there ("in a villa") in 2008: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-ySteY3r9I - kind of unbelievable that they wouldn't have known anything about it.
gnossos
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby CPWSolf » Wed May 04, 2011 3:36 pm

I was unsurprised to see today that the White House have retracted half their statements about his capture:

Turns out he wasn't armed
He wasn't using his wife as a shield
and his wife was not killed she was taken prisoner.

Well done America....jump to wrong answers as always (I refer to your government here not the population as a whole guys :) )
Chris

"You have seen but not observed whereas I both see and observe."

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCadYy6qr4IjVVsVT7zrCZag
CPWSolf
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby Hermit » Wed May 04, 2011 7:49 pm

White House Insider: Obama Hesitated – Panetta Issued Order to Kill Osama Bin Laden | Socyberty

Panetta gave the order while Obama dithered.
I was told – in these exact terms, “we overruled him.” (Obama) I have since followed up and received further details on exactly what that meant, as well as the specifics of how Leon Panetta worked around the president’s “persistent hesitation to act.” There appears NOT to have been an outright overruling of any specific position by President Obama, simply because there was no specific position from the president to do so. President Obama was, in this case, as in all others, working as an absentee president.

Read more: White House Insider: Obama Hesitated – Panetta Issued Order to Kill Osama Bin Laden | Socyberty
Make America Great Again
Hermit
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby gnossos » Wed May 04, 2011 9:32 pm

Interesting

Who is Ulsterman? I'm digging up birther stuff written by him... (as well as this http://hillbuzz.org/2011/02/01/ground-r ... ider-real/ which seems to be a right wing source saying they think the "inside source" he writes of often is not real)

tbh who cares? dude's dead.
gnossos
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby gnossos » Wed May 04, 2011 9:39 pm

hah, I'm going to do everyone a favor and NOT post the mediamatters article on Ulsterman, but if you're curious, google's over thataway :P
gnossos
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby Hermit » Wed May 04, 2011 9:44 pm

gnossos wrote:Interesting

Who is Ulsterman? I'm digging up birther stuff written by him... (as well as this http://hillbuzz.org/2011/02/01/ground-r ... ider-real/ which seems to be a right wing source saying they think the "inside source" he writes of often is not real)

tbh who cares? dude's dead.

Could be total bunk, but it does sound typical for this regime. :lol:
Make America Great Again
Hermit
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

PreviousNext

Return to Master Debators