Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

cops charged with murder

Friendly and intelligent discussion about politics and other controversial topics takes place here. No rules yet. Enter at your own risk. You must request to join "controversy" user group to use this forum.

cops charged with murder

Postby texaspilgrim » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:55 am

Just found out that the cops that beat that homeless, mentally ill man, were found guilty of murder. I have every respect those in law enforcement, but I am glad at the outcome of this trial. I was a cop myself and I know the stress and danger that they face everyday. I know that sometimes that stress gets the best of them and it is easy to lose control. Youtube is full of stories of police brutality and so many times the cops get off with just a few days suspension. There are bad cops out there and of course they give all the good ones a bad name. The solution is for the dept. to monitor its officers for any signs of over aggression and to deal with abuses with more than a slap on the wrist.
texaspilgrim

Re: cops charged with murder

Postby Add » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:48 pm

I don't think you'll find any takers for the other side of this debate buddy.
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Add

Return to Master Debators