Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Austerity...can someone explain it to me?

Friendly and intelligent discussion about politics and other controversial topics takes place here. No rules yet. Enter at your own risk. You must request to join "controversy" user group to use this forum.

Re: Austerity...can someone explain it to me?

Postby cakeanddottle » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:50 pm

I agree with the concluding sentiment. Where do you draw the line though? In Wisconsin they went after the teachers. I don't know about you, but I don't want dumb kids, and it already strikes me that education isn't what it used to be.

You're right, there are too many sucking at the government tit. Too bad we can't count on there being smart, level headed people involved in fixing it, since politicians will be the ones making these decisions.
~Mike
I would find the removal of CH to be akin to removal of oxygen from the atmosphere -morleysson
Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives -Ronald Reagan
cakeanddottle

Postby Slickheadhunter » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:08 am

Education can be fixed as well! NH just passed the voucher law. This means a portion of your taxes is given back to you and you can send your child to a private school or home school them. The teachers union is one public union that has to go! The lack of competition creates terrible results.
The more money we give to the schools the worse they do!
Slickheadhunter

Postby noodle » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:09 pm

acaciavet wrote:You see greece is kind of like the good old USA is populated by a lot of freecheesers.Freecheesers are those other then Policemen and firefighters and Military folks who rely on the Gubment for their daily bread.You get a whole bunch of non producers sucking on the Gubment tit and the taxpayer and after while there aint enough producers to take care of the free cheesers hense Austerity where Gubment has to cut back becuase their is not enough free cheese to give to these sloths.
Gubment produces nothing they just take form you and I.
1 Non Free cheesers Gubment folks I dont mind paying
A Police and any law enforcement folks like prision guards.
B Firemen
C Military

2 Free Cheese Jobs
anybody else

3 The Bastards that really piss me off
DMV workers
Toll Collectors
Politicians
School Boards.

you know thats almost communist doctrine
sub gubment for bourgeois and producers for workers........
in real life im known as john woods
noodle

Postby noodle » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:25 pm

cakeanddottle wrote:
Slickheadhunter wrote:The main problem (the core problem) is that the majority of people work for the state,or government. the wealth is produced from the private sector,and when that money no longer is enough to pay the people working for the government it collapses...period!

The people of the world have been duped into believing that we need as many social programs as we have,every single person working for the government produces ZERO,no products,no wealth.

What the governments of the world have done is hold producers as slaves to the rest of the world that does not produce!

Its not like the individual working for the government does nothing(some do,most dont) Most of them get up and put in an honest days work,but the problem is that at the end of the day there is nothing to show for that work that can be turned into a product,money,wealth.

I can agree with most of this, but as someone who makes his livelihood in law enforcement I have one issue. Government has a moral obligation to provide justice. From the streets, through the legal system and into detention. This isn't something you want privatized, ever. You want invested professionals providing your essential services, and if you are going to invest these people with the authority to act in the name of the state, they should be employees of the state.

hmm i would say protection of mind and body which comes from three sources for me
military
medical
law enforcement

are all capable of producing a product, to me that is me being able to wake up in the morning, (knowing ive more than likely not been burgled and left for dead through the night, that when im on my way to work if a fall of a kerb or end up worse off involving a car incident i will be treated with the aim of making me better and finally the one im likely to see the least direct benefit off the fact my country has people who have chosen to put themselves into harms way to ensure the continuance of the government that decides how much (in a fairly complex manner) i need to pay for these services) to go to work and produce a product that sells and keeps money flowing

that in itself is a product. if you view the worker as a product

simpler way
i am a bottle of tomato ketchup on a line in a factory
military ensure the factory runs
police are the guards that keep most of us on the straight and narrow belt on the way from filling to boxing
nhs are the ones who loop the missed or damaged bottles back to a place where they may rejoin the line
in real life im known as john woods
noodle

Previous

Return to Master Debators