Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

What's happened to the UK?

Friendly and intelligent discussion about politics and other controversial topics takes place here. No rules yet. Enter at your own risk. You must request to join "controversy" user group to use this forum.

What's happened to the UK?

Postby Stinkykid » Tue May 28, 2013 11:20 am

It was appalling to see the news about the two lunatics who hacked to death a soldier in London last week, but I found it almost as disturbing to see all the passers-by either ignoring the dead body in the road, chatting to the killers, or filming it on their phones and then posting on YouTube. What the hell is happening with people these days?
"There are two things I will never give up - my honour and my tobacco pouch" - Prince Alfred, Duke of Edinburgh

"It was my companion in that most wretched time" - Inscription on Sir Walter Raleigh's pipe case
Stinkykid
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: What's happened to the UK?

Postby Marquette » Fri May 31, 2013 4:39 pm

Being inundated with it in movies, television & online gaming the have become desensitized to it. JMO.
*Individual results may vary
Marquette

Postby highstump » Fri May 31, 2013 7:44 pm

Marquette wrote:Being inundated with it in movies, television & online gaming the have become desensitized to it. JMO.

I expect you are right. "Nothing to see here, move along." There was a time when those two wouldn't have made it off the street alive.
Jim

"Mechanical Engineers build weapons, Civil Engineers build targets."
highstump

Postby KevinM » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:22 pm

Does the UK have the death penalty? Just curious if that is an option for the individuals that committed this crime.
KevinM
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby englanddave » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:55 pm

Well here in the good old UK we are classed as racist if we comment on immigration,
The national health service is pushed to the limit but the fact that we "meaning the government" invite every one from any country into the uk for cheap labour marks me as a racist. There is a organsation over here called "united against facism" who plan counter demonstrations against anybody that protests about immigration, There has been vitual blanket ban on reporting of muslim paedophile gangs that have white girls as young as 11 years old off the streets and got them addicted to drugs and then turned them into prostitutes, yes I am angry but it seems I'm the only Brit who's prepared to tell it how it is

The original post asked why did nobody intervene if you look at the crowd most of them were immigrants, I feel ashamed that our government is making the majority indigenous population second class citizens, "common purpose" look it up :idea:
Dave

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”
-Indian Proverb
englanddave
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby KevinM » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:15 am

Dave, I do not think things are better off here in the US. The Boston Marathon bombings are a case in point. The follow up of this crime in the UK just had my head spinning. Unfortunately, it appears neither the UK or US governments are doing anything to deter these crimes via tougher immigration laws and heaven forbid we "profile" anyone based on their nationality, etc. Its almost as if our governments are asking to be taken over by the Muslim philosophies and some conspiracy theorist actually feel our good old president is part of this problem. f nothing is done to improve the situation, I think race riots and hate retaliation will come into play. The old "eye for an eye" mentality. The problem will be no one will care even if innocents not responsible for these actions or philosophies are subjected to the fall out. It will be just a "nuke 'em all" mentality.
KevinM
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby englanddave » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:59 am

No kevin I don't believe it is any better over there.
My housing association sent out a survey and asked what were your thoughts and concerns about the associations service, one resident complained that when he phoned the helpline he could not understand the accent of the person he spoke to, over here most banks and large corporations use indian call centres.
After returning the survey he got a letter of eviction for his racist comment and this is a true story but this is heavy shit Kevin and I genuinely support your Right to Bear Arms

We must all be concerned
Dave

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”
-Indian Proverb
englanddave
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby KevinM » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:28 am

Dave, that is incredible!!! I just shake my head in disgust. I have had a few telemarketers who were so atrocious at the English language that I actually told them I couldn't understand a word they were saying and then hung up.

First off, the fact our banks, credit providers, and just about any agency that has gotten our information can just sell it to the tele-marketers is just horse shit IMO. I feel it is a major breech in confidentiality.

I have heard that it would be no surprise if Prez O's next political step will be the U.N., and more specifically, head of the U.N. Basically, I heard it will be his "reward" for dismantling the "Big, Bad USA" and removing that threat for other foreign interest groups. Now, this is pretty weighty and rather far fetched, but one never knows.
KevinM
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby highstump » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:09 pm

KevinM wrote:I have heard that it would be no surprise if Prez O's next political step will be the U.N., and more specifically, head of the U.N. Basically, I heard it will be his "reward" for dismantling the "Big, Bad USA" and removing that threat for other foreign interest groups. Now, this is pretty weighty and rather far fetched, but one never knows.

For what it's worth, this would not surprise me in the least.
Jim

"Mechanical Engineers build weapons, Civil Engineers build targets."
highstump

Postby Brett » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:48 pm

englanddave wrote:Well here in the good old UK we are classed as racist if we comment on immigration,
The national health service is pushed to the limit but the fact that we "meaning the government" invite every one from any country into the uk for cheap labour marks me as a racist. There is a organsation over here called "united against facism" who plan counter demonstrations against anybody that protests about immigration, There has been vitual blanket ban on reporting of muslim paedophile gangs that have white girls as young as 11 years old off the streets and got them addicted to drugs and then turned them into prostitutes, yes I am angry but it seems I'm the only Brit who's prepared to tell it how it is

The original post asked why did nobody intervene if you look at the crowd most of them were immigrants, I feel ashamed that our government is making the majority indigenous population second class citizens, "common purpose" look it up :idea:

You're not alone Dave. There are plenty of us who agree with your views.
That area of London (Woolwich) has had a large Somalian immigrant community for a while.
The media & police ignoring the "muslim problem" of rapists, pedophiles, murderers, muggers, is a disgrace. Yet any 'white christian' who voices concern is arrested for being racist.
It's utter madness.
Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand.
Brett

Postby Brett » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:53 pm

Stinkykid wrote:It was appalling to see the news about the two lunatics who hacked to death a soldier in London last week, but I found it almost as disturbing to see all the passers-by either ignoring the dead body in the road, chatting to the killers, or filming it on their phones and then posting on YouTube. What the hell is happening with people these days?

I'll put a different spin on your concerns.
A lot of the passers-by were non-native British. That area has a large Somalian immigrant population.
There were 2 woman who were trying to "talk them down" and keep them occupied while the police arrived.
And the reason people stand there recording these incidents and posting them on youtube, is to use as evidence and raise awareness to what is really happening on our streets, because otherwise the police & media tend to brush these type of incidents (muslim aggressor against white christian victim) under the carpet.
Brett

Postby ScotsJim » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:02 pm

One of the women who talked to one of the murdering bastards was hailed a hero, and rightly so too. She stated on BBC News that although she was scared, and the fact that he was still armed, by keeping him talking she knew ;

1) He wouldn't attack anyone else

2) Gave the armed response time time to arrive and shoot the swine.
Jim
"The Pontificating Pipe!"
http://www.youtube.com/user/TamperPeterson
Don't make me get my penny whistle !
http://www.youtube.com/user/fatheroblivion45
ScotsJim

Postby Stinkykid » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:31 pm

That's true. But there were lots of other people who seemed to be filming it for amusement and one woman with a shopping trolley just going past as if this was normal. There were a lot of people hanging around, watching. I don't expect people to wade in and take on lunatics with machetes but this looked to me like ghoulish voyeurism.

I contrast it with the would-be terrorists who drove a burning car into Glasgow airport. One of the terrorists was covered in flames shouting about Allah and a guy just punched him in the face. I don't know what I'd do in that situation, and you can never know until you're there, but I'm sure I wouldn't whip my phone out for YouTube.

I don't believe any of them were filming it for evidence. Not for a second. They thought it was entertainment, and that's sick.
"There are two things I will never give up - my honour and my tobacco pouch" - Prince Alfred, Duke of Edinburgh

"It was my companion in that most wretched time" - Inscription on Sir Walter Raleigh's pipe case
Stinkykid
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby ScotsJim » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:41 pm

I agree with you. No doubt some of them were merely filming it just for the hell of it.

P.S. Imagine terrorists attacking Glasgow ? :lol:

( Though Glasgow airport is actually in Paisley, and 10mins away by train ) If the guy hadn't been on fire someone would've definitely "pit the heid oan 'im"

Translation - Apply a blow to the bridge of the nose using one's forehead. :lol:
Jim
"The Pontificating Pipe!"
http://www.youtube.com/user/TamperPeterson
Don't make me get my penny whistle !
http://www.youtube.com/user/fatheroblivion45
ScotsJim

Postby Brett » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:26 pm

ScotsJim wrote:I agree with you. No doubt some of them were merely filming it just for the hell of it.

P.S. Imagine terrorists attacking Glasgow ? :lol:
:

Glasgow cabbie tears tendon in foot from kicking jihadi — in the balls
http://hotair.com/archives/2007/07/04/g ... the-balls/

He got out carrying what looked like a petrol bomb and seconds later the Jeep was in flames.
“Then he kicked and punched a man to the ground before punching a policeman square in the face. That’s when I saw red. That sort of thing just isn’t on.
“I told my passenger to run for her life, then I went for the man in the T-shirt and managed to skelp him in the face. I followed it up by booting him twice…
“I’ve heard people say since that he was shouting ‘Allah!’ but I didn’t hear that. It just sounded like a lot of c**p to me.
“I ran for the guy and punched him twice in the face with pretty good right hooks.
“Then I kicked him with full force right in the balls but he didn’t go down. He just kept on babbling his rubbish.
“I couldn’t believe that he was still standing. I know I would have been floored by that kind of kick.”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brett

Postby Brett » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:28 pm

Brett

Postby KevLa » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:54 am

KevinM wrote:Does the UK have the death penalty? Just curious if that is an option for the individuals that committed this crime.

Thankfully, no. Over here, the law does not murder people for murdering people :)
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby SteveH » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:06 pm

KevinM wrote:Does the UK have the death penalty? Just curious if that is an option for the individuals that committed this crime.
No, it doesn't, and a very good thing too. The death penalty is no deterrent, and there are many cases of innocent people being executed.
I was on a boat once with four pipes, but nothing to light them with, so I threw one overboard, and the boat became a pipe lighter.
My Facebook poetry page.
SteveH
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby SteveH » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:12 pm

Brett wrote:
englanddave wrote:Well here in the good old UK we are classed as racist if we comment on immigration,

You're not alone Dave. There are plenty of us who agree with your views.
That area of London (Woolwich) has had a large Somalian immigrant community for a while.
The media & police ignoring the "muslim problem" of rapists, pedophiles, murderers, muggers, is a disgrace. Yet any 'white christian' who voices concern is arrested for being racist.
It's utter madness.

I strongly disagree with both of you about immigration, but I don't regard you as racists, just wrong. I don't think either that there's a blanket ban on reporting of vile practices such as paedophilia or female genital mutilation in immigrant communites - the 'Guardian' has recently reported on a campaign against fgm, and if even the 'Guardian', the paper for bleeding-heart liberals like me, does so, there's clearly no cover-up.
I was on a boat once with four pipes, but nothing to light them with, so I threw one overboard, and the boat became a pipe lighter.
My Facebook poetry page.
SteveH
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Return to Master Debators