Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Organ Donation

Friendly and intelligent discussion about politics and other controversial topics takes place here. No rules yet. Enter at your own risk. You must request to join "controversy" user group to use this forum.

Re: Organ Donation

Postby Brett » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:06 pm

bearded1 wrote:I think this is a bad thing, period. Yes, it's for a good cause, but that does not make it right. I wish more folks would donate, but understand why someone would chose not to. Forcing folks to opt out of everything, instead of making a compelling case for them to join your cause is lazy and presumptuous. Always be looking several moves ahead folks...this move may sound worthy, but giving them consent to "presume" for you in this case will simply empower them to do so again, and again. Soon, they are simply not telling you what you have volunteered for and they control your body and every aspect of your life. Your a slave.

+1
Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand.
Brett

Postby Hermit » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:52 am

I'm in. They can have what's left of me if they want it. ;)
Make America Great Again
Hermit
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby Taff » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:00 pm

So am I as it happens, but I am not in business of having things like that dictated to me by a mickey mouse government that I never wanted in the first place. Grr! :evil:
I went to sea to see what I could see, and all I've seen is the bloody sea !
Drop by my YouTube channel ;)
http://www.youtube.com/user/YCymroAiGetyn
Twitter account
https://twitter.com/YCymroAiGetyn or just follow @YCymroAiGetyn
Taff

Postby bearded1 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:33 pm

Taff wrote:So am I as it happens, but I am not in business of having things like that dictated to me by ANYONE Grr! :evil:

Fixed it for you... :lol:
-Paul
bearded1

Postby highstump » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:52 pm

This sounds like something the kids used to try and pull at times. Just because I didn't say NO does not necessarily mean I'm OK with it.
Jim

"Mechanical Engineers build weapons, Civil Engineers build targets."
highstump

Postby bearded1 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:14 pm

highstump wrote:This sounds like something the kids used to try and pull at times. Just because I didn't say NO does not necessarily mean I'm OK with it.

Right! Not only does No mean NO, but anything short of ME saying YES means NO as well.
-Paul
bearded1

Postby RompinDonkey » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:33 pm

In 1972 I was at school and had decided to do an "A Level " in British Constitution (along with English Lit, and European History).

i remember learning about the history of our "constitution" and how the "Party System" works. I was well aware then what a load of crap it was. We all vote for our local MPs, who will represent us in parliament (ha ha). But dare they move away from the "party line"? Not often. I trotted out the expected crap in my exam and passed.

Why not abolish all of the election process, and MPs, and just have a national vote for the three or so "Parties"? It would save a load of money, and the end result would be the same.

Parliament can debate a subject until the cows come home - then out comes the "three line whip" - and bingo! The Gov't gets what it wanted all along.
Alan

God grant me the Serenity, to buy the bacca that I need;
Courage to refrain from buying bacca that I won't like; and Wisdom to know the difference.
RompinDonkey
Moderator, Plank Owner, and Supporting Member
Moderator, Plank Owner, and Supporting Member

Previous

Return to Master Debators