Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

What Did You Do In The War Dad?

Friendly and intelligent discussion about politics and other controversial topics takes place here. No rules yet. Enter at your own risk. You must request to join "controversy" user group to use this forum.

Re: What Did You Do In The War Dad?

Postby Dodger » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:24 pm

ScotsJim wrote:
Dodger wrote:I mostly remember the scars and tattoos and that was just the women! :o

Your taste in women is your own affair matey ;)

I like them young and buxom ,shame they do not like me :lol:
Dodger
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby Brett » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:34 pm

eric wrote:
I also concede that all this is very anecdotal, but I have noticed a distinct pattern - the people who have the most to brag about usually brag the least.

Perhaps it could also be said that those who went through the horrors of real combat, sometimes had to experience things and do things that they would rather never talk about, much less brag about.
Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand.
Brett

Postby KevLa » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:56 pm

Brett wrote:Perhaps it could also be said that those who went through the horrors of real combat, sometimes had to experience things and do things that they would rather never talk about, much less brag about.

That seems like a definite possibility to me. All I know is that my grandad was a Lance Corporal in the military police in the Second World War, and was involved in the processing of Japanese soldiers taken as prisoners-of-war. He didn't talk about it much at all, although he did counsel that the time to join the armed forces is when you have no choice in the matter.
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Previous

Return to Master Debators