Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Maddie McCann - A curious case

Friendly and intelligent discussion about politics and other controversial topics takes place here. No rules yet. Enter at your own risk. You must request to join "controversy" user group to use this forum.

Maddie McCann - A curious case

Postby Brett » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:47 am

Did anyone watch the recent CrimwWatch TV Documentary
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01jqssz

"Dispatches: Searching for Madeleine " http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InJLmyakzeE

SKY News: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxUdEnQ_r9M

What are your theories?
Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand.
Brett

Re: Maddie McCann - A curious case

Postby Brett » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:43 pm

OK then, I guess I'll go first....

A few aspects of the case make me think "Hhhhmmm..".
Setting aside the McCanns (and Tapas 9) own self-stated alibis, there remains several unanswered questions.

Forget for the moment, about the McCann's testimony of the allegd timeline of 'room checks' or any 'abductor'. None of the actual evidence or facts seem to support anything the McCanns have claimed happened. According to police reports, the only fingerprints on the window-ledge were Kate's, and there was no disturbance (footprints, scuff marks, etc) on either the wall or ground below the window. No evidence supports the theory that anyone came in or out of any window. All the evidence does, however, indicate that the McCanns were the last ones to see Maddie alive - and that may have been much earlier in the afternoon. The FACT is - as evidenced by the 2 sniffer dogs - Maddie was dead IN THE APARTMENT (sniffer dogs don't lie), and all the evidence points to the simple fact of - NOBODY EXCEPT THE TAPAS 9 WERE INVOLVED. All the talk of 'abduction' and "strangers carrying a sleeping child" could be just a red herring by the McCanns & Tapas 9 to keep the case open as a "missing person" so that the police don't turn it into a murder investigation - with themselves as Prime Suspects.
What's the old saying? ""Only when they find the body is it a murder - until then, it's just a missing person"."

On the night Maddie 'disappeared', while hundreds of people, including staff of Mark Warners and many local people, searched the area around the Ocean Club apartments for hours after Madeleine went missing, not one of the McCanns’ friends, known as the ‘Tapas 9’, bothered to do so. They all went to bed that night.

Dr Gerry McCann’s brother, John McCann, immediately gave up his secure full-time job with a pharmaceuticals company, despite having a house, wife and children to support. This might seem like a selfless, generous act. But we might ask: How did John McCann know in advance that Madeleine wouldn't be found within the next few days or weeks, leaving himself ‘high and dry’ with no job, if she was found? It strongly suggests that he, too, knew that Madeleine would not be found. It must be emphasised that he did not say that he had taken ‘temporary leave of absence’ from his job. He had chosen to resign - thus implying that he knew Maddie would not be found (anytime soon).

Within just two hours of Madeleine’s ‘disappearance’, the McCanns had a ready supply of posters featuring Madeleine’s face. THe picture of Maddie used was not a recent picture, but one that was several months old. The McCanns claimed that they had produced them on the spot, using their digital camera, and by getting access to a printing machine at the Ocean Club. But police enquiries at the club did not find any printer that could have produced those particular types of photo posters. This led to the Portuguese police to strongly suspect that they had been pre-prepared earlier in the day, somewhere away from the premises.

The McCanns initially refused to take their two-year-old twins to be tested for the presence of drugs or sedatives in their system, although they later admitted that they thought the children ‘could have been drugged by the abductor’. But they then waited nearly five months before engaging an agency to carry out ‘independent’ tests - by which time, of course, had any traces of sedatives been present in the twins’ bodies on 3rd May, they would by then have long since disappeared.

The Portuguese police asked the McCanns to supply their mobile ’phone account records, explaining that they might contain valuable information which would further help them to understand the events leading up to Madeleine disappearance. It is now known that Dr Gerry McCann wiped his SMS text message records before reluctantly consenting to the police examining his mobile ’phone.

Kate McCann refused to cooperate with the Portugese police from the beginning, and calmly refused to answer 48 questions put to her by the police - replying to each question with "No Comment". Is that the behaviour of a distraught mother anxious to find her missing daughter?

Kate McCann’s decision to wash ‘Cuddle Cat’ - the pink toy - despite the McCanns’ belief that it may have been handled by the abductor. Dr Kate McCann decided to wash Cuddle Cat, allegedly because Cuddle Cat was ‘dirty with suncream’. By doing so, however, she and her husband would both have known that they might thereby have washed out any possible DNA traces that the abductor (if there ever was one). However, despite Dr Kate McCann’s washing of Cuddle Cat, the cadaver dog, Eddie, still managed to detect the ‘smell of death’, human cadaverine, on the toy animal. The chemical cadaverine is almost impossible to remove from an article, even by washing. Finding the smell of death on Madeleine’s favourite toy, even after Dr Kate McCann had cleaned it, was another clear pointer to Madeleine having died in Apartment 5A (and Kate McCann attempting to destroy that evidence).

The 2 sniffer dogs (seperately) found traces of scent of dead human body & blood, in the apartment, on the cuddle-cat toy, and in the rental car. In Apartment 5A, the apartment the McCanns rented for the week, Eddie, the 'cadaver dog' and Keela, the 'blood-hound’, both clearly - and independently from each other - marked precisely the same location, behind the sofa in the living room (which had been moved by the McCanns from its original location). As a result, the Forensic Science Service (FSS) in Birmingham was able to check only 5 markers from that site. Each one of those 5 markers matched Madeleine's DNA. In the car hired by the McCanns. Eddie, the 'cadaver dog', and Keela, the 'blood-hound’, both clearly marked the same car and the same location within the car. The blood found there by Keela (beneath the carpeting in the well of the car) the FSS lab was able this time, on its first analysis, to find ALL 19 markers, of which 15 markers matched Madeleine's DNA. That would give analysts 99.9% confidence that the blood samples were from Madeleine. Many countries accept 15 markers out of 19 as sufficient proof. Under Portuguese law, however, the courts require all 19 markers to be confirmed. The scientist who invented DNA fingerprinting two decades ago, Professor Sir Alec Jeffreys, went on to state that 15 markers would provide sufficient evidence to be conclusive. These initial FSS results, on their own, showed a better than 99.9% chance that the blood in the McCanns’ hired car was Madeleine’s.

When the McCanns were about to made suspects in the investigation of their daughter’s disappearance, they rushed to hire the U.K.’s top extradition lawyer, Michael Caplan Q.C., who successfully represented General Pinochet when the Spanish government tried to extradite him to Spain for crimes against humanity. What use would a team of extradition lawyers be in finding a 'missing child'?
As many have pointed out, ‘innocent’ parents would not need a team of lawyers out with them within 48 hours, nor would they need Britain’s top extradition lawyers. If they had done nothing wrong.
Claiming they would never leave Portugal until Madeleine was found - then leaving as soon as they were made formal suspects (with the help of afore-mentioned team of extradition lawyers).

Father Pacheco, the priest at the Roman Catholic church in Praia da Luz, was reported as suffering extreme distress when he confided - initially to his fellow church members, and later to the press and public - that the McCanns had told him things about Madeleine’s disappearance which, under strict Catholic rules, he was not allowed to disclose, even to the police. The strictly-enforced rules of the Catholic church confession booth mean a priest can be sacked (or ‘defrocked’, to put it technically) if he ever reveals to the outside world one word of what has taken place during a confession, even if that confession reveals that the confessor has committed a serious criminal offence. Even if the person concerned confesses to murder or child abuse, or other serious offences, priests are only allowed to disclose confession secrets within the Roman Catholic hierarchy. Just over three weeks after Madeleine ‘disappeared’, the McCanns met with the Pope, Benedict XVI, who publicly blessed a photograph of Madeleine before the world’s media. The McCanns had frequently made their ‘strong Catholic faith’ very much an issue, and were frequently described as ‘devout Catholics’.
Yet 48 hours before the McCanns were made formal suspects, the Pope withdrew all references to Madeleine. No further references to the McCanns’ campaign and their fund to ‘find Madeleine’ have been made on the Vatican website since then. It seemed to many seasoned observers of the Roman Catholic Church that the Pope had received strong indications that the McCanns’ abduction claim did not stand up.

Gerry McCann wrote in his blog (since deleted) that 3 weeks after the event (around the same time as he rented the car) his fridge broke in his rented apartment so he took the fridge down to the local dump to get rid of it!!! was the body of Madeleine moved on that day??? and how has Maddies blood got on the car keys and her hair and blood in the boot of the car (as confirmed by the sniffer dogs and the DNA match)???
They also left the boot of the car open every night for about two weeks afterwards, as observed by a neighbour. Probably to get rid of the smell.

The recent e-fit picture taken from the description of an independent witness (the Irish 'Smith' family) bears a striking resemblance to Gerry McCann. Crimewatch producer Joe Mather saying one name has mentioned several times by different people. Could that name be "GM"?

Put all those facts together, and there is a very strong (albeit circumstantial) evidence that remains unexplained.
Brett

Postby Brett » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:09 am

An intriguing article... http://www.mccannfiles.com/id363.html
Brett

Postby Brett » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:23 pm

Nobody want to touch this one? :D 8-)
Brett

Postby Stinkykid » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:28 am

Brett, you point out a lot of strange aspects to the case and I have generally been suspicious of it too. I do however find it difficult to square your implicit accusation with the McCann's continual and persistent efforts to keep the story in the media. If they had killed her I think they would have preferred to let it all fade out of the spotlight - it would certainly be wiser.

I also have to admit the possibility that it was an abduction - nobody can prove otherwise at this point - and it is a tough thing to attack and accuse an innocent couple who have lost their daughter. On balance I am content to accept their word until and unless it is proved otherwise. The police should of course investigate it diligently, but the media reporting around this case has been distasteful at times.
"There are two things I will never give up - my honour and my tobacco pouch" - Prince Alfred, Duke of Edinburgh

"It was my companion in that most wretched time" - Inscription on Sir Walter Raleigh's pipe case
Stinkykid
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby Brett » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:23 pm

Stinkykid wrote:... I do however find it difficult to square your implicit accusation.... and it is a tough thing to attack and accuse an innocent couple.

Thanks for the reply. I have tried to post only 'established facts' without making any "direct implicit accusations" or "attack".
Of course, a person is "innocent until proven guilty', but is a lot of circumstantial evidence that seems to point in a certain direction.
One could say that "time will tell", but I fear this will be one of those cases that will never be solved - hence the ongoing theories & suspicions (by many people).
Brett

Postby Brett » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:23 pm

Brett

Postby RompinDonkey » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:13 am

It sounds like you are banging your own drum here Bret.
Alan

God grant me the Serenity, to buy the bacca that I need;
Courage to refrain from buying bacca that I won't like; and Wisdom to know the difference.
RompinDonkey
Moderator, Plank Owner, and Supporting Member
Moderator, Plank Owner, and Supporting Member

Postby Seamaster » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:00 pm

Brett wrote:Nobody want to touch this one? :D 8-)

I'd pump the mother.
Seamaster

Return to Master Debators