Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Creation Museum

Friendly and intelligent discussion about politics and other controversial topics takes place here. No rules yet. Enter at your own risk. You must request to join "controversy" user group to use this forum.

Creation Museum

Postby KevLa » Sun May 18, 2014 7:42 pm

The funniest website ever:-

http://creationmuseum.org/

Prepare to 'facepalm', more like! :lol:
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Re: Creation Museum

Postby KevLa » Mon May 19, 2014 4:18 pm

Now I think about it, it's not funny at all. There must be people taking children to this place in order to have them 'educated'! :x
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby kats » Wed May 21, 2014 3:03 am

Yea... I'd take my kids there (if they were about 15 years younger and I lived about 1500 miles closer). 8-)
George
There are three kinds of people in this world... those who can add and those who can't.
kats

Postby KevLa » Wed May 21, 2014 3:30 pm

kats wrote:Yea... I'd take my kids there (if they were about 15 years younger and I lived about 1500 miles closer). 8-)

Really? :shock: I hope I didn't offend you, George. I didn't realise we had any real live Creationists on here :oops:
If you're up for discussing further, I'm honestly interested, but I'll leave it up to you :)
KevLa

Postby Smitty » Wed May 21, 2014 3:44 pm

Creationists do drive me up a wall sometimes but some of the exhibits look interesting. I'm more of a "creative design" person though.
--Jason

UNIT HQ blog: http://unit-hq.blogspot.com/

"Three days without food and water is one thing, but to be without tobacco... I HAVE FOUND MOST IRKSOME!!!"
--Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes

It's ten o'clock. Do you know where your wind-caps are?
Smitty

Postby bearded1 » Wed May 21, 2014 5:41 pm

I'm a creationist (if I have to be pinned down in a category). I don't see a conflict between God & science other than what religious & anti-religious zealots have inserted to further their own agendas.
-Paul
bearded1

Postby kats » Thu May 22, 2014 2:26 am

No offense taken Kev... and I'm not interested in a debate. I'm just expressing my faith - as a matter of fact.

I also fully recognize your right to be wrong. :lol:
George
There are three kinds of people in this world... those who can add and those who can't.
kats

Postby KevinM » Thu May 22, 2014 4:20 pm

Years ago while pursuing my degree in Geology, I attended a paleontology class with a creationist who bluntly told the professor he would not believe or condone any of the evolutionary theories, timelines, etc., being presented in the class, but would learn them strictly for the sake of making good grades in the class. For the love of me I wondered why someone with that thought process or belief would even seek a career in a field that obviously contradicts their beliefs :o Seemed very hypocritical to me at the time, and still does.
KevinM
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby HowlinWolf » Thu May 22, 2014 5:06 pm

I don't have a problem with the notion that God created the universe over the course of billions of years, the way science describes it,
but deep down I think it's way more complicated than that, in ways that man doesn't currently understand and probably never could.

1. A God that man could understand wouldn't be much of a god.
and
2. “There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.”
This post is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling of contents may have occurred during transmission.
HowlinWolf
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby KevLa » Sat May 24, 2014 1:33 am

I don't have a problem with the beliefs that the Creation Musuem are presenting. What I don't like is the way they are dressing up those beliefs to make them seem as if they are based upon empirical evidence.
KevLa

Postby KevLa » Sat May 24, 2014 5:05 am

KevLa wrote:I don't have a problem with the beliefs that the Creation Museum are presenting. What I don't like is the way they are dressing up those beliefs to make them seem as if they are based upon empirical evidence.
KevLa

Postby KevLa » Sat May 24, 2014 5:06 am

Oops! Sorry for the (kind of) double post! :oops:
KevLa

Postby KevLa » Sat May 31, 2014 6:37 am

Arrgh! Another one! :o
http://www.genesispark.com/
No. No, dinosaurs are NOT proof of a powerful creator. There is no proof of a powerful creator. Take faith in the concept being true, if you want to, by all means. But do not tell people that it is a proven fact, because it is not :x
KevLa

Postby KevLa » Sat May 31, 2014 6:40 am

KevLa wrote:Arrgh! Another one! :o
http://www.genesispark.com/
No. No, dinosaurs are NOT evidence of a powerful creator. There is no evidence of a powerful creator. Take faith in the concept being true, if you want to, by all means. But do not tell people there is evidence to back it up, because there is not :x
KevLa

Postby KevLa » Sat May 31, 2014 6:44 am

Why's it doing that? :roll:
KevLa

Postby KevLa » Sat May 31, 2014 6:48 am

Ah, it's because there is no 'Edit' button, and I'm instead hitting 'Quote' by accident :oops:
KevLa

Postby TigerJack » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:33 am

kats wrote:No offense taken Kev... and I'm not interested in a debate. I'm just expressing my faith - as a matter of fact.

A+++++++++++
"If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It"
Clint
TigerJack

Postby KevLa » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:07 am

brim325 wrote:
kats wrote:No offense taken Kev... and I'm not interested in a debate. I'm just expressing my faith - as a matter of fact.

A+++++++++++

I agree that it is fact that faith is what is required to believe in something for which there is no empirical evidence.

I recognise fully the right of you both to have faith in the idea that I'm 'wrong' :lol:
KevLa

Postby bearded1 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:07 pm

KevLa wrote:
brim325 wrote:

A+++++++++++

I agree that it is fact that faith is what is required to believe in something for which there is no empirical evidence.

I recognise fully the right of you both to have faith in the idea that I'm 'wrong' :lol:

Would impirical evidence make a difference? Not to be flippant, but there is strong evidence that a healthy diet and exercise are very good for you and the fast food and soda are bad, there is tons of evidence that drinking and driving is lethal, that there were no WMD's in Iraq and politicians lie...but we chose to believe what we want to believe despite the facts. Faith by it's very ideal requires belief in something you have no knowledge of. Sounds like we all agree on that.

Where do science and God part ways in your opinion? Leave religion out if we can for now. Let's just talk about what part of science eliminates the possibility that it was created?

Funny, I just say evidence doesn't necessarily matter and then I ask for some. Aren't we humans funny sometimes?
-Paul
bearded1

Postby HowlinWolf » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:41 pm

Empirical evidence isn't all it's cracked up to be. By which I mean that the sharpest, deepest minds of all time from Ptolemy up thru Fred Hoyle are now considered a laughingstock or a painful embarrassment.

It follows that taking a derisive view of anything because it's based on more antiquated modes of thought, or is inconsistent with current empirical science, is either naively optimistic or perhaps disingenuous.

Everything scientists are saying today will eventually be discarded as being incorrect or incomplete. Given the pace of science we should live to see several take place, as it no longer takes 300 years to disprove things.
This post is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling of contents may have occurred during transmission.
HowlinWolf
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Next

Return to Master Debators