Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Donald Trump

Friendly and intelligent discussion about politics and other controversial topics takes place here. No rules yet. Enter at your own risk. You must request to join "controversy" user group to use this forum.

Re: Donald Trump

Postby KevLa » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:50 am

I meant to post my last comment in the 'EU Refugee Crisis' thread. My apologies for any confusion this may have caused.
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby Hermit » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:50 am

KevLa wrote:
Hermit wrote:Get a room. :lol:

Perhaps PipeStoke and myself have misunderstood you. Would you care to explain what you meant by the above?

Just a little joke reflecting my amusment at your fawning mutual admiration society. ;)
Make America Great Again
Hermit
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby KevLa » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:39 am

Hahahahahahahahaha! :lol:
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby PipeStoke » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:55 am

Hermit wrote:More personal attacks from the "tolerant left." :lol:

They only "tolerate" each other.

How about this one, then?

You spend a lot of time labeling people and very little time arguing your point. To the point, in fact, where it more than borders on whingeing.

'Acaciapet' was a typo. Apologies for that - I normally check.

'Planted stooge' in the context 'makes you look like a planted stooge,' is clearly something other than saying Acacia is one. It merely pointed to the fact that after I wrote a long post about how unbecoming it is when supposed grown-ups are proving themselves incapable of educated debate, and therefore resort to nothing other than name-calling and snide, childish remarks which most of us would have been embarrassed to use when we were 12, acaciavet went straight ahead and planted another simplified (and entirely misused) label on his opposition. Thereby, he demonstrated everything I said in my post to perfection. He proved me correct to a degree otherwise only attainable, had I paid someone to make that comment under the guise of being a Trump supporter. So yes, he made himself look like a stooge for my argument.

As for personal attacks, I don't know. So far though, acaciavet's argument in support of his political views have been that 45 years ago he spent 3 years in the coast guard and that anyone who opposes his views wears dresses. I can't help seeing in acaciavet, a 7-year-old playing dress-ups, blowing raspberries at the other kids in the playground.

Hermit, please try explaining to us how variations on the line 'your dress is back from the cleaners' used in a debate on politics, is anything other than a statement made by a guy who never grew past playground-stage. Surely you cannot respect an intellect which relies solely on variations on that line to 'win' political arguments, can you?
PipeStoke

Previous

Return to Master Debators