Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Donald Trump

Friendly and intelligent discussion about politics and other controversial topics takes place here. No rules yet. Enter at your own risk. You must request to join "controversy" user group to use this forum.

Re: Donald Trump

Postby Josh1982 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:47 pm

PipeStoke wrote:Fundamentally, the greatest problem with a candidate like Trump, and they exist in many countries, is his complete and utter lack of respect for the electorate. Trump has one strategy and one strategy alone; treat the public as though they are mugs, and thereby catch people out, making them believe that this somehow represents a form of honesty.

The disregard for those he wants to vote for him is staggering and can only be explained by what must be an almost unfathomable contempt for his supporters.

Make no mistake, Trumps contempt is for his supporters, not his opponents.

PipeStoke, would you kindly expound upon this point(examples)?
“A pipe is the fountain of contemplation, the source of pleasure, the companion of the wise; and the man who smokes, thinks like a philosopher and acts like a Samaritan.” -Edward George Bulwer-Lytton, 1st Baron Lytton
Josh1982

Postby PipeStoke » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:04 am

I'm sorry, Josh but I've been away for a while and didn't realise you made a request for clarification.

What example would you like though? We're talking about all of it. You don't need to pick out bits; there is nothing in Trumps candidacy that is not entirely in keeping with what I say above.

To point at something obvious however, the endorsement given by this woman is considered an advantage to Trump:

https://vine.co/v/ieKI9rebnEB

What is happening? :o
PipeStoke

Postby acaciavet » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:33 pm

I am so sick of Politicians,I will vote for Trump, The clown that has been in charge for the last 8 years is a disgrace!
Once a Coastie always a Coastie
Chuck
acaciavet
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby KevLa » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:08 pm

A desperate and disappointed people once voted in a man who promised to give them what they needed most, whilst inciting ill-feeling against minorities.
That man's name was Adolf Hitler.
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby acaciavet » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:44 pm

Kevla.I look at Britain and you have absolutely no room to give me advice. Your Diversity is a real problem and I dont want that in my country!
Chuck
acaciavet
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby KevLa » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:18 pm

It is not my advice, Chuck; it is history's warning.
I, for one, am extremely glad of diversity, and would like to see the day when all inequality of race, colour, gender, creed, etc. is banished completely.
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby acaciavet » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:10 pm

So you actually like all the Muslim stuff? i dont want them near me!
Chuck
acaciavet
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby KevLa » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:30 pm

I believe that prejudice only leads to suffering. We should keep open minds, open hearts, and wherever possible, open borders. I'm not religious, but I think there's a lot to be said for "Do unto others as you would have done unto you."
KevLa

Postby acaciavet » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:06 am

Kev old boy those people will put a knife in your back in a heartbeat.Over Here I believe in getting them before they get me!
Chuck
acaciavet
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby Hermit » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:29 am

acaciavet wrote:Kev old boy those people will put a knife in your back in a heartbeat.Over Here I believe in getting them before they get me!

He means well and is kind and humane.
The trouble is, that attitude led to what's happening in East London.
Ya know where ya end up when you pave the road with good intentions. :twisted:
Europe is lost.
Make America Great Again
Hermit
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby KevLa » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:56 am

I'm so glad we are allowed to debate on this forum. It is threads like this one where true colours are shown.
KevLa

Postby PipeStoke » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:03 pm

I'm so glad we are allowed to debate on this forum. It is threads like this one where true colours are shown.

Very true, Kev.

People are free, of course, to buy the bullshit Trump is selling. It's all bullshit however and that's irrefutable. Trump gleefully knows it's bullshit but he's relying on people to be naive enough to buy it. It seems he's succeeding at that, and that's because he's telling a certain part of the population what they uncritically want to hear rather than what they critically need to hear.

Despite what Trumps supporters like to claim, he is a politician. He is so by virtue of what he is doing; If you're seeking nomination as President of the US, you're a politician. If you're seeking to gain votes from people based on your policies (no matter how crackpot they are), you're a politician. Trump has decided to be a politician and is pursuing a career in politics. He's a politician.

For any politician with a message to sell (it doesn't matter if the politician believes in it or not), nothing is more welcome than a social segment which is pre-disposed towards a set of ideas which they will follow blindly and without the intellectual honesty to question its merits, practicality and legality. Trump has won the jackpot on that one; in history, there have rarely been a larger group of people willing to be completely manipulated and led around by the nose than is the case in this situation. Trump knows it, and he's realising now that he can do no wrong in this group, as long as he sticks to the inanity.

I love cultural diversity. I live in a multicultural society with all the cultural wealth that entails. I would be sad to see that diminished in any way.

As for who will stab or shoot anyone in the back, Europe and Australia are clearly safer as they are with immigration than the US is, with or without it.

Kev old boy those people will put a knife in your back in a heartbeat.Over Here I believe in getting them before they get me!

Acaciavet. the problem with that statement is that it belongs only in the mouth of someone who desperately needs to grow up, or at least start questioning the really awfully naive bullshit they are being fed by people who want to keep them controlled. Because that is what this is; easy control of the mind, welcomed easily by the one being controlled.

As for having 'Muslim Stuff' near me, I have no more problem with moderate Islam than with Christianity. Both are abominations in my book but that's the religions themselves, not necessarily the people following them.
PipeStoke

Postby acaciavet » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:14 pm

Well, fellows you just keep on loving those folks.I, on the other hand, will keep my piece on my hip.If they want me then I guess we go out togeather! You Europeans are so screwed The British Empire now those words are gone for sure! "Acaciavet. the problem with that statement is that it belongs only in the mouth of someone who desperately needs to grow up" Now old boy that was a cheap shot! I am 66 wore the Uniform of my country and I can see the forest for the trees! So son I suggest you do not go down that road!
Chuck
acaciavet
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby PipeStoke » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:39 pm

Now old boy that was a cheap shot! I am 66 wore the Uniform of my country and I can see the forest for the trees! So son I suggest you do not go down that road!

All the more worrying is your willingness to be led through the forest by the nose. All the more urgent, is my suggestion to stop denying your intellectual ability to question the man manipulating you like a puppet.

You're a better man than that.
PipeStoke

Postby KevLa » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:49 pm

PipeStoke, I agree with your refreshing, and reassuringly intelligent, analysis. You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.
KevLa

Postby acaciavet » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:16 pm

PipeStoke wrote:
Now old boy that was a cheap shot! I am 66 wore the Uniform of my country and I can see the forest for the trees! So son I suggest you do not go down that road!

All the more worrying is your willingness to be led through the forest by the nose. All the more urgent, is my suggestion to stop denying your intellectual ability to question the man manipulating you like a puppet.

You're a better man than that.

Like I said before you want to make this personal? Well let me tell it like it is.I do not like you I do not like your pansy attitude.I dont put many on Ignore but you are heading toward that list. Man you are a clown!
Chuck
acaciavet
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby PipeStoke » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:42 pm

Thank you, Kev. I appreciate that. :)

Like I said before you want to make this personal? Well let me tell it like it is.I do not like you I do not like your pansy attitude.I dont put many on Ignore but you are heading toward that list. Man you are a clown!

Acacia, given your position on the matter, as well as you having put forth no argumentation for that position and it being in addition to bandying about such terms as 'pansy attitude,' I would heartily welcome your decision to ignore me and consider it a badge of honour and a ringing endorsement among thinking individuals.
PipeStoke

Postby acaciavet » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:51 pm

My Pleasure.Now go away put your dress on and have a great life. Both you and Kevla are on my foe list. Two little girls ,I see whay your cuntrys suck!
Chuck
acaciavet
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby PipeStoke » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:07 pm

:D

And that illustrates, via those who support him, Trumps worth. Cover the ears, say 'lalalala' until the opposing view goes away and refuse to deal with it. There is no cowardice as insidious as that of the intellect.

I would never deny an opposing view access to my ears. I could not live with being that weak.

(btw. I have no dresses. I prefer a silk shirt and a pink tutu. ;) )
PipeStoke

Postby KevLa » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:46 pm

It's good to know who's a friend. It's also good to know who's an enemy. I try not to make enemys. However, there are a few kinds of people with whom I can never be friends. Here's to truth, justice and, well, those will do for now... ;)
KevLa

PreviousNext

Return to Master Debators