Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Please introduce yourself before posting. New members who have not introduced themselves may be mistaken for spammers and may be unable to post elsewhere.

Postby markf3625 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:04 pm

Hello peeps, Mark from Peterborough here, just converted to pipe smoking after 2 decades of smoking roll ups
markf3625

Re: Newbie

Postby Geo3rge » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:45 am

Hello, Mark. Welcome to the forum. Hope you can enjoy being here. Great to read of you coming over to the pipe. Ask away about anything. We’ll do our best to give some help...
Steve
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member
Moderator & Supporting Member

Postby KevLa » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:32 pm

Welcome! Similar experience to mine. One of the best choices I ever made. Just remember not to inhale the smoke! ;)
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby Nomad » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:58 pm

Welcome, Mark. Pipe smoking is a completely different ballgame from rollys. A veritable cornucopia of flavours and combinations thereof.
Nomad

Postby ratatosk » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:37 am

Welcome aboard. I just passed 5 years since my last cigarette. I used to smoke 3 packs of non-filter Lucky Strikes a day which worked out to > $6000/year. That left a lot of room to stock up pounds of pipe tobacco (which is cheap in the US) as well as a lot of nice pipes.

I don't miss cigarettes however there are some nic-heavy pipe blends if you need a little transition help. But, pipe tobacco is more about flavors (and I don't mean aromatic toppings/casings, just natural tobacco flavors).

If you want any suggestions about blends that may help you get away from RYO, feel free to ask here.
Richard
-----------
If even I don't know how many pipes I own, how the hell would you know if I have too many?
ratatosk
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby KevLa » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:56 pm

What pipe smoking is "about" is a matter of opinion, though. Personally, I concede that if a tobacco had superb flavour, but no nicotine, I wouldn't find it at all worth smoking :)
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby Dodger » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:04 pm

Welcome to the forum .
Dodger
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Return to Introductions