Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Hello from California

Please introduce yourself before posting. New members who have not introduced themselves may be mistaken for spammers and may be unable to post elsewhere.

Hello from California

Postby Boomerfumer » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:25 am

Hi all,
My name is Alan.
I was a cigarette smoker for a number of years but stopped mid 90's
A few years ago I found an occasional cigar was quite enjoyable but the cost of a decent cigar always kept this habit in check.
I was in my local tobacconist and noticed that for the price of a good cigar I could get a nice supply of pipe tobacco.
After running through a few different pipes and tobaccos I have settled on a curved Falcon and have found I like Cavendish tobaccos and blends.
Boomerfumer

Re: Hello from California

Postby Dodger » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:08 pm

Welcome to the forum.
I won't hold your choice of tobacco against you :lol:
Dodger
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby KevLa » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:54 pm

Welcome! :)
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby PipeStoke » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:36 pm

Welcome, Alan.

I started out much the same way as you did. Cigarettes first with the occasional cigar and then on to the pipe.

Cavendish can be an absolute pleasure if it's the right stuff. I prefer to have it without aromas added, but that's just me.

I hope you enjoy being here. :)

Jens
PipeStoke

Return to Introductions