Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Hi from East Tennessee!

Please introduce yourself before posting. New members who have not introduced themselves may be mistaken for spammers and may be unable to post elsewhere.

Hi from East Tennessee!

Postby macruadhi » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:34 am

I'm new to this forum, not new to dabbling in pipes. My father recently died and I inherited his collection, both ready to smoke and those which need TLC and parts.
I see it as my duty to carry on the tradition, (Not that it's a duty I mind).

I tried pipes in the middle of the last decade (2000s) to quit smoking cigarettes, that was a dismal failure. But I built a rather nice collection of estate pipes during the period.

Now I've not smoked cigarettes since 2010 and the only problem I still have with pipes is, from "drugstore" OTC brands to the rather pricey $8.50/50 gram tobaccos they all taste the same, like burnt vegetable matter, not that that's a bad thing.

Thanks to all!
macruadhi

Re: Hi from East Tennessee!

Postby Dodger » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:42 pm

Welcome to the forum .
[quote="macruadhi"] from "drugstore" OTC brands to the rather pricey $8.50/50 gram tobaccos they all /quote]
If you think that's pricey try UK prices they are twice as much and Australia is twice as the UK
Dodger
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby KevLa » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:22 pm

Welcome, and please accept my sympathy for the loss of your father.
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby macruadhi » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:17 am

[quote="KevLa"]Welcome, and please accept my sympathy for the loss of your father.[/quote]
Thank you very much.
macruadhi

Postby Geo3rge » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:09 am

A warm welcome from the UK. Hope you can enjoy your father's pipes and have good memories of him whilst doing so. Commiserations and sympathies at this time. Do enjoy this forum and contribute as much as you wish.
Steve
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member
Moderator & Supporting Member

Return to Introductions