Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Hello from Nashville

Please introduce yourself before posting. New members who have not introduced themselves may be mistaken for spammers and may be unable to post elsewhere.

Hello from Nashville

Postby stillzZz » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:49 am

Hello all! I used to lurk here years ago when I was first getting into pipes but never registered an account. I learned a lot and amassed quite a bit of tobacco and quite a few pipes, so thank you all! I am a cook by trade and currently a chef/partner of two restaurants, soon to be three, fingers crossed, in middle Tennessee.

I quit smoking cigarettes 6 years ago this past October and started smoking pipes and cigars about a year after that. Before I quit cigarettes I rolled my own for about 6 years and that's when I fell in love with the leaf.

After I picked up the cigar hobby, I fell in love with pipes too. It was so enthralling, learning about all the differences in tobaccos and regions. The terroir of the tobacco world was immenesly fascinating. Unfortunately I had to put both cigars and pipes down about 3 years ago due to some health concerns. I had gotten pretty bad cases of bronchitis those 3 years in a row and told myself I wouldnt smoke anything again until I had been respiratory infection free for at least a year. Well that time has come and here I am. I had built up quite a cellar and am now finally able to enjoy some very nicely aged stuff, some as old as 6 years. This is very exciting for me.

Looking forward to participating in all the converstaions here!
stillzZz

Re: Hello from Nashville

Postby Geo3rge » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:39 pm

Welcome back. Good to read your post and see that you are enjoying your pipes.
We look forward to your contributions. In the meantime, happy smoking!
Steve
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member
Moderator & Supporting Member

Postby KevLa » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:36 pm

Welcome! :)
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby Dodger » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:17 pm

Welcome aboard .
Dodger
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Return to Introductions