Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Hello from Bedfordshire, England

Please introduce yourself before posting. New members who have not introduced themselves may be mistaken for spammers and may be unable to post elsewhere.

Hello from Bedfordshire, England

Postby George » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:15 am

Hi, I was a member here about 3-4 years ago, but been busy and forgot my old account details.
Anyway, here I am again and look forward to re-aquaint with some old faces and meet a few new faces.
I'm retired, been smoking the pipes for 4-5 years, enjoy Aromatics, Virginias, Va/Pers, and Lakeland blends. Not so keen on Latakia blends, but ok if they're mild.
Have a collection of about 40 pipes and about 7lb of various blends of tins & jars in my stash.
Quidquid latine dictum, altum videtur.
George

Re: Hello from Bedfordshire, England

Postby Geo3rge » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:24 am

Hello, George.
A very warm welcome back indeed! Good to have you with us and I trust that you will feel free to contribute as and when.
It will be good to read of your interests and pursuits re the pipe. A collection of 40 pipes sounds good enough to me!
I've been a pipe smoker for many years, but it's within the last five or six years that things hotted up and became more regular and enthusiastic for me.
A collection of nearly a hundred pipes now...too many really, but they tend to just appear...I've no idea of how much tobacco I have in weight. I have a small but growing cellar and around twenty or so blends in jars and tins that I dip into.
My daily, go-to smoke is St. Bruno, both Flake and Ready Rubbed and has been since I took up the pipe.
Love Virginia blends mainly, but, like you, can take Latakia in small doses.
Great to welcome you aboard and I look forward to your posts.
Steve
("Geo3rge" is my middle name...)
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member
Moderator & Supporting Member

Postby KevLa » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:36 am

Welcome back, George! :)
KevLa

Postby Dodger » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:49 pm

Welcome back, George .
Dodger
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby TigerJack » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:20 am

Welcome back George, G'Day Sir
"If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It"
Clint
TigerJack

Postby George » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:24 pm

Geo3rge wrote:Hello, George.
A very warm welcome back indeed! Good to have you with us and I trust that you will feel free to contribute as and when.
It will be good to read of your interests and pursuits re the pipe. A collection of 40 pipes sounds good enough to me!
I've been a pipe smoker for many years, but it's within the last five or six years that things hotted up and became more regular and enthusiastic for me.
A collection of nearly a hundred pipes now...too many really, but they tend to just appear...I've no idea of how much tobacco I have in weight. I have a small but growing cellar and around twenty or so blends in jars and tins that I dip into.
My daily, go-to smoke is St. Bruno, both Flake and Ready Rubbed and has been since I took up the pipe.
Love Virginia blends mainly, but, like you, can take Latakia in small doses.
Great to welcome you aboard and I look forward to your posts.
Steve
("Geo3rge" is my middle name...)

Hi Geo3rge.
I do like St.Bruno, sometimes blend a 50/50 mix with Condor.
Quidquid latine dictum, altum videtur.
George

Postby KevLa » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:29 pm

George, are you The Artist Formerly Known As Anthorn, perchance? I searched the forum for 'Bedfordshire' :)
KevLa

Return to Introductions