Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Hello Ya'll

Please introduce yourself before posting. New members who have not introduced themselves may be mistaken for spammers and may be unable to post elsewhere.

Hello Ya'll

Postby greenmonster714 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:54 am

Hello from down south in Alabama. I am a Ohio native but have been in the south for about 9yrs now. I must say the weather is much better but the tornadoes are rather scary. Anyways, I am a pipe smoker. At times I do enjoy a dip of snuff or a nice cigar but for the most part I puff on a pipe. This year I am growing my own tobacco. I have 18 different varieties growing and I am looking forward to having my own tobacco to blend with. I will have to buy some Latakia and probably some Perique but other than that I should have all I need.

My tastes in pipe tobacco has changed lately. I used to go for all of the heavy cases/flavored aromatics but lately I have enjoyed tobacco that is not cased or cased very little. John Cotton 1&2 is an example. A friend turned me on to some Latakia blends. I think my favorite is the Syrian Super Balkan. Man that stuff is good.

Thanks for letting me in the door. I look forward to learning more about my favorite pass time...puffin my pipe.
greenmonster714

Re: Hello Ya'll

Postby Geo3rge » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:46 am

Hello, G. Don't know your first name, so let us know next time you're here. Good to read of your enthusiasm for the pipe and of your growing your own tobaccos. That must be very rewarding and good luck with all the processing to come! I've had some of the John Cotton and it's good stuff.
Glad to have you here. Keep on posting and happy puffing!
Steve
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member
Moderator & Supporting Member

Postby KevLa » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:13 pm

Welcome! :)
P.S. I'm sure Steve meant you should feel free to divulge your name if you want to! :)
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby Dodger » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:10 pm

Welcome aboard .
Dodger
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby greenmonster714 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:25 am

[quote="KevLa"]Welcome! :)
P.S. I'm sure Steve meant you should feel free to divulge your name [b]if you want to[/b]! :)[/quote]

Sure, I don't mind at all. My name is Jeff. Thanks for the welcome guys.
greenmonster714

Return to Introductions