Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Hello from Spain

Please introduce yourself before posting. New members who have not introduced themselves may be mistaken for spammers and may be unable to post elsewhere.

Hello from Spain

Postby choms » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:06 pm

Hi everybody!
I'm a pipe smoker from Madrid. I usually read this forum, and I tought it's time to register in and say Hello!
I'm a big fan of Latakia and british pipes, but any other good tobacco or pipes are welcome :D

I can read English, but not so good writing, so sorry in advance for my mistakes :oops:

I'll be glad to keeping learning form you,
Thank you!!
choms

Re: Hello from Spain

Postby Geo3rge » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:34 pm

Hello, choms. Good to have you with us here. Your English is just fine!
Good also to see you enjoy your pipes and tobaccos. Let us know your story a little more, including your pipes.
A warm welcome indeed.

Steve
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member

Postby Dodger » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:01 pm

Welcome to the forum .
Dodger
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby KevLa » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:21 pm

Hola, and welcome! :)
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby choms » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:39 pm

Thank you for your welcome.
Ok, a little more about me: I start smoking pipe no more than 5 years ago, so I'm just beginning ;)
In this time I acquired a small collection of pipes, around 50. Some of them are not great pipes,Savinelli, Chacom, Salvatella... But the pipes I smoke more frequently are British pipes: Some Dunhill, a couple of Ashton, Parker, BBB, Astley's...
From my collection, maybe my favorites are a Dunhill 120 Patent, a GBD Pedigree Unique and my two Ashton, one Canadian and one Billiard Army mount from 1989 that smokes reeeeally great!
Now I'm interested on pipes from artisans, but I need to stop buying for a while.
I'm waiting for two commissioned pipes, from Spanish artisans, so I will wait for this before putting my eye on another...
About tobaccos, As I told in my introduction I usually smoke blends with Latakia, mostly blends made by a friend that is really a exceptional blender, so I hardly smoke regular tobaccos.
And... Basically , that's my story :D
Thank you!
choms

Postby Geo3rge » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:09 am

Great to read your post. 50 pipes in five years is good enough! That's not bad going at all. I know someone who has 5,000 pipes, but he has been smoking for over thirty years since he was in his twenties. Savinelli and Chacom are good pipes for me as well.
Interesting to read about your friend who blends. Sounds an excellent relationship.
All this sounds like you really love smoking your pipes and I wish you great happiness with them all.
Thank you again,
Steve
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge

Postby TigerJack » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:44 pm

Welcome to the forum Sir, hope you enjoy it, G'Day
"If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It"
Clint
TigerJack