Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Hiya

Please introduce yourself before posting. New members who have not introduced themselves may be mistaken for spammers and may be unable to post elsewhere.

Hiya

Postby DarrenSnowflake » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:16 am

Hiya, I'm Darren, I'm from England/West Midlands.
Smoker of all things, but love a good pipe.

I was in no smoking accommodation for a little while, which led me just to smoking cigs outdoors.
With uk weather, it's not too frequently nice to smoke outdoors! I like to be cosy in nice surroundings to enjoy a smoke!

However, I've recently moved somewhere where I can smoke in my room to my hearts content.
I bought a new pipe, a Peterson from the harp series, beautiful smoker. Medium Apple bowl.

Bought 3 flakes to get me going, my regular being st bruno flake.

Look forward to reading, and posting.

Good Health,

Darren Xx
DarrenSnowflake

Re: Hiya

Postby Geo3rge » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:30 am

Good morning, Darren. Good to have you here and great to read of your pipe journey so far. Similar background to me; when I moved to my first house, I finally had the space and opportunity to smoke more freely. I live near Chester. British weather is very changeable indeed! I tend to smoke outdoors anyway so I've put up with all sorts, and I fully understand the situation!
As for tobacco, St. Bruno Flake is my go-to blend as well, and has been for many years. The Peterson Harp series is good; I also have the apple shape.
Enjoy your pipes and freedom to smoke them and I wish you well as you further explore this lovely pastime.
Looking forward to your posts.
Steve
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member

Postby DarrenSnowflake » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:39 am

Thank you, steve, i appreciate the nice welcome.

I ordered 4 new tobaccos this morning to try a new rotation.

Been reading about changing of hands of blenders too...

I cant believe i lasted so long without petersons irish flake. One magical pipe after another.

I have a larger pipe in my shopping basket for another time.

I love smoking, i really do, most satisfaction comes from a nice pipe, which led me to join a forum.
DarrenSnowflake

Postby KevLa » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 am

Hi, and welcome! :)
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby Geo3rge » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:06 am

Pipe smokers inevitably suffer from PAD and TAD - one pipe, one blend simply will not do! Good luck with the new tobaccos and the new pipe when it eventually arrives. Let us know what it is if you can.
There is indeed a great deal of satisfaction from a pipe. I love smoking mine and am quite unable, at the moment, to see myself living a life without it! I've no doubt that there will ultimately come a time to have to stop, but not yet I hope...
So, happy smoking to you and may your pipes be always alight and your pouches (or tins) be always full.
Steve
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge

Postby Dodger » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:23 pm

Welcome to the forum.
Dodger
Supporting Member
Supporting Member