Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Hello

Please introduce yourself before posting. New members who have not introduced themselves may be mistaken for spammers and may be unable to post elsewhere.

Hello

Postby Iolaire » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:19 am

Good morning,

I'm in Scotland, and thanks to my dog's teeny tiny bladder up at a ridiculously early time for a Sunday morning. I've just started smoking migrating from cigarettes and on Tuesday bought a Adsorba straight pipe and Gawith Colombian Coffee mixture. Watching lots of YouTube videos on packing and breaking in so forth and hopefully getting there.

I am enjoying it, although banished outdoors. I'm lucky enough to have a small greenhouse which I plan to set up as a mancave and can smoke in there.

Looking forward very much to finding out more about this great pastime

Regards to you all.

Iolaire
Iolaire

Re: Hello

Postby Geo3rge » Tue May 02, 2017 4:22 am

Hello, Iolaire.
Good to hear from you. The greenhouse man cave sounds an ideal place for a pipe if you're banished to the great outdoors.
I don't know much about the Adsorba range but I trust that you will be able to enjoy it. There is a good pipe shop in Edinburgh (I think it is called The Pipe Shop - Leith?), run by a father and son team.
Hope you can enjoy being here. Enjoy your pipe smoking!
Steve
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member
Moderator & Supporting Member

Postby KevLa » Tue May 02, 2017 6:52 am

Good morning, and welcome! :)
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby Dodger » Tue May 02, 2017 7:21 pm

Welcome aboard .
Dodger
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby Iolaire » Thu May 04, 2017 8:07 pm

Thanks folks,

Getting the hang of smoking a pipe and enjoying it. Only tried one tobacco so far, so little to compare it with. As for the Adsorba it isn't in the premium pipe price range, but it smokes well and I am pleased with it. Although stamped Italy I believe it is a German company who own the brand. One thing I am hunting for is replacement filters and pipe cleaners - I can only find the sparkly one designed for kids crafts! I'm hoping to pop into town tomorrow where I bought the pipe and remedy the situation.
Iolaire

Return to Introductions