Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Hello from Nevada

Please introduce yourself before posting. New members who have not introduced themselves may be mistaken for spammers and may be unable to post elsewhere.

Hello from Nevada

Postby NevadaBlue » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:13 am

Thanks for letting me join. I am a retired miner and mechanic. I enjoy playing with trains (mostly tiny ones) and am a wanna-be machinist. I have been smoking pipes off and on for about 10 years. Mostly off... until a friend on another forum asked about 'who smokes pipes'. That led to infection with the collecting bug.
That's OK, I need a hobby that I can do in a small space. So, pipe restoration and collecting are on the list now. We are moving to a new house and I will actually have a room of my own for hobby things. Can't wait.
Thanks again for letting me join, I hope to learn a lot and maybe contribute useful things as I can.
---
Ken
NevadaBlue

Re: Hello from Nevada

Postby Geo3rge » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:55 pm

Hello again, Ken.
Interesting to read of your hobby in trains. Another pipe associate here has an 'N' gauge set (not sure if that equates with US gauges) and enjoys it tremendously.
I've written to another post of yours and didn't realise you've been a pipe smoker for a decade, so apologies if I've thought you were brand new to the pastime.

Good look with the house move and enjoy your pipes, restorations, trains and machines.
Stev
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member

Postby NevadaBlue » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:51 pm

No problem, I am confused too... the moderated posts make it confusing. How long does the moderation of posts last?

I started smoking a pipe on an overseas construction job and then quit when I got home. I decided to take up the hobby/passtime again just recently. So, I really am a newbie to this.
---
Ken
NevadaBlue

Postby Geo3rge » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:43 pm

Re time factor, we normally wait for the first half a dozen posts to see if a new member wishes to continue. It gives a breathing space for any second thoughts! Hope that is clear.
All the best.
Steve
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge

Postby Dodger » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:38 pm

Welcome aboard .
Dodger
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby KevLa » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:45 am

Hello, and welcome! :)
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby NevadaBlue » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:14 am

Thanks everyone.

I'm collecting estate pipes for repair. I like fixing things and these things are small enough for me to work on in my lap if need be. I can't wait until we get moved and I can access my machines again. I do want to try making stems for some of the old pipes I have.
---
Ken
NevadaBlue

Return to Introductions