Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Hello

Please introduce yourself before posting. New members who have not introduced themselves may be mistaken for spammers and may be unable to post elsewhere.

Hello

Postby bigbehr » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:09 am

hello everyone. I have recently started smoking pipes again. I found this forum and wanted to be a part of this community. I tend to enjoy most blends but gravitate towards Latakia or English blends. For aromatic blends I tend to like boswells bear blend most others I do not enjoy. But I could be wrong as I have not ventured in the world of aromatics. Let me know if you have any questions for me or suggestions.
bigbehr

Re: Hello

Postby Geo3rge » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:38 pm

Welcome to the forum. Glad you've been able to take up the pipe again. How long was the gap?
Latakia has a difficult time with me, something to do with my tastebuds adjusting to it. In small doses, fine, but definitely not anything higher for me!
I tend towards straight Virginias more, with a liking for a sweeter taste in my blends, though aromatics is an area that I've yet to really explore.
However, I have recently been trying Clan, an old, sometimes much-maligned blend, and the present incarnation isn't as it used to be, but I have actually thoroughly enjoyed a few bowls of it. Packed tighter than usual, it gives a good, sweet flavour and the aroma is a firm favourite with some. A colleague used to smoke this every day in a bygone era when you could smoke in the workplace and non-smokers used to comment on the lovely smell!
A daily smoke for me over many years has been St. Bruno, Flake or Ready Rubbed, and it has been a great source of enjoyment down the years. Virginia and Kentucky with a fruitiness to it. Having enjoyed goodness-knows how many bowlfuls of this since I first took up the pipe, it is probably deeply etched into my internal system by now. I'm sure I'd get withdrawal symptoms if I had to give it up...
Enjoy those pipes and tobaccos. Great to have you with us. Ask away, share anything you like.
Happy smoking.
Steve
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member
Moderator & Supporting Member

Postby bigbehr » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:30 pm

Thanks. Apparently I need to learn how to post... I have introduced myself several times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bigbehr

Postby Dodger » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:36 pm

Welcome to the forum
Dodger
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby KevLa » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:44 am

Hello, and welcome! :)
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Return to Introductions