Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

small cigars

Cigars, cigarettes, snuff, dip, chew, snus

small cigars

Postby custodian » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:49 am

I have been chipping around with some small cigars that I picked up at the local grocery and drug store... they come in handy for a small break during yard work... I usually reserve a bowl of tobacco for after the work has been completed. I am staying with a 23 - 30 ring gauge smoke (Garcia/Vega and Middleton so far)... and thinking about adding a box of 25 - 50 to my next order of pipe tobacco... anybody here enjoy a nice cigarillo when short on time? Maybe some input on favorite brands... do you prefer a tip or none... machine made or handrolled?
Patrick
Southern Illinois
custodian

Re: small cigars

Postby TigerJack » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:23 am

Hi, I love a cigarillo when I'm on the go once in awhile, I mainly smoke a pipe but I do quiet enjoy one when I get the chance, usually when I'm caught out without my pipe & tobacco, I will stop at a quick stop and grab a 5 pack box of , don't laugh now! Swisher Sweets, & I quiet enjoy the cheap cigars, most cigar smokers wouldn't be caught dead with them , but there good smokes. G'Day Sir.
"If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It"
Clint
TigerJack

Postby barredbenny » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:29 pm

I like Nobel Petits every now and then. Good for when out for a beer with mates who smoke ciggies.

Not sure if you can can get these in the US?

http://www.st-group.com/index.php/cigars/nobel-petit
Pinch taker in residence.
barredbenny

Location: London town, where the streets are paved with gold...

Postby custodian » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:17 am

Im leaning toward a box of these with my next tobacco order... $20 for a box of 50 is a lot cheaper than what I am paying locally...

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prod ... -I&cat=168

The only thing I am wondering about is keeping them humidified... or are these dry cured & require no humidor?
Patrick
Southern Illinois
custodian

Postby barredbenny » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:33 am

I wouldn't worry too much about it, unless you leave them for longer than a few weeks. In that case, you could get some humidifying beads and just chuck 'em in the box with the cigarillos. I reckon that would do the job pretty well. I have some Heartfelt Beads in my small desktop humidor and they keep the humidity absolutely rock solid at 65%.

(There is a cheaper option: you could use odourless crystal kitty litter. Wet half of them, and put them in a little dish into the box. Same thing.)
Pinch taker in residence.
barredbenny

Location: London town, where the streets are paved with gold...

Postby Gearhead43 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:28 pm

I've been smoking De Nobili and Parodi dry cured Tuscan style cigars lately. They are roughly made Italian style cheroots, made from 100% fire-cured Kentucky. Very robust flavor compared to most cigarillos IMO. I really like these, but I love fire cured Kentucky though so YMMV.

I found the Parodi King cigars at my local Rite Aid drug store. These are made by Avanti.
Gearhead43

Postby Hermit » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:31 am

My favorite little cigars were always
JR Habanitos and ERDM Cafe' Noir and Cafe' Au Lait.
I have a bunch of em put away.
I don't know how the current production of these are.
I bought em when they still came from the Villazon factory in Honduras.
Make America Great Again
Hermit
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby Smokedrift » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:39 am

I've been rocking the Villiger Export Maduros for a while. Recommended.
Smokedrift
Smokedrift

Postby kayak » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:07 am

My local B&M proprietor gave me a few cigarillos yesterday, and I have to say they are quite tasty, not to mention handy for those times when I feel like a smoke but don't have the time nor volition to dicker around with a pipe (which was basically all of today, between exams, the election, and god knows what else, I've been smoking heavily as of late). I have no idea of the brand, but will be picking up a tin when he gets them in and will report back.
kayak

Postby custodian » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:13 am

Think I may have found a cigarillo that I like the most so far... I emailed a request for free samples to Captain Black cigars... and got a half dozen in the mail... they are a 23 ring... with a plastic tip... which I will have to get used to... but they smell & taste really good.
Patrick
Southern Illinois
custodian

Postby kayak » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:29 pm

custodian wrote:Think I may have found a cigarillo that I like the most so far... I emailed a request for free samples to Captain Black cigars... and got a half dozen in the mail... they are a 23 ring... with a plastic tip... which I will have to get used to... but they smell & taste really good.

Who'd you email? I've been curious to try them, but leery of buying a full pack. A sampler from Lane would be great.
kayak

Postby custodian » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:15 pm

http://www.captainblackcigar.com/about.php

Click on the try it free logo...
Patrick
Southern Illinois
custodian

Postby kayak » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:38 pm

custodian wrote:http://www.captainblackcigar.com/about.php

Click on the try it free logo...

Thanks man! I've got some coming.
kayak

Postby kayak » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:37 am

kayak wrote:My local B&M proprietor gave me a few cigarillos yesterday, and I have to say they are quite tasty, not to mention handy for those times when I feel like a smoke but don't have the time nor volition to dicker around with a pipe (which was basically all of today, between exams, the election, and god knows what else, I've been smoking heavily as of late). I have no idea of the brand, but will be picking up a tin when he gets them in and will report back.

In case anybody's interested, the cigars I was smoking were the Mehari's Java by Agio.
kayak

Return to Other Tobacco Products