Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

What is your single all time favorite snuff

Cigars, cigarettes, snuff, dip, chew, snus

What is your single all time favorite snuff

Postby TigerJack » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:02 am

F.U.B.A.R Grunt, would be my single most favorite snuff , although there are so many good snuffs out there that are just as good. I'm not a big floral snuffer, but there are a few that aren't bad, I just prefer a more natural flavor.

Taxi Red at the moment.
"If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It"
Clint
TigerJack

Re: What is your single all time favorite snuff

Postby BladeBoy » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:32 pm

If I could have only one snuff, I would say F.U.B.A.R. Snafu, good natural flavor with a good kick.
BladeBoy

Postby Dodger » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:43 pm

Consort from Smiths of Charring Cross Road ,sadly both no longer with us .

Currently F&T Seville
Dodger
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby BladeBoy » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:12 pm

Dodger wrote:Consort from Smiths of Charring Cross Road ,sadly both no longer with us .

Currently F&T Seville

FYI, Saw a post over at the Snuffhouse forum, someone mentioned there local tobacconist has Smith's Snuffs, the stuff has probably been sitting on the shelf for years, they posted a photo of varies scents but Consort wasn't in the photo, really Seville, that is the only F&T I don't care for, a little too baby powder for me but to each their own :)
BladeBoy

Postby Dodger » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:04 pm

BladeBoy wrote:
Dodger wrote:Consort from Smiths of Charring Cross Road ,sadly both no longer with us .

Currently F&T Seville

FYI, Saw a post over at the Snuffhouse forum, someone mentioned there local tobacconist has Smith's Snuffs, the stuff has probably been sitting on the shelf for years, they posted a photo of varies scents but Consort wasn't in the photo, really Seville, that is the only F&T I don't care for, a little too baby powder for me but to each their own :)

Somebody may have bought the name ,but Consort had disappeared before the shop shut .

When I first went there in the early 70's there were at least 60 varieties but they gradually dropped to about 20 .

F & T had a shop in the Haymarket London but that went in the 70's although the snuff carried on .
Dodger
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby TigerJack » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:45 pm

BladeBoy wrote:If I could have only one snuff, I would say F.U.B.A.R. Snafu, good natural flavor with a good kick.

Hi bud, I have to agree with you on the Snafu, it is right there with the Grunt and I could possibly grow to like it even better than Grunt ,but I do love my Grunt.
Clint
TigerJack

Postby kats » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:13 am

I'm still a snuff noobie - haven't had a broad sampling - but I think it will be hard to knock WoS Grand Cairo off the #1 spot on the podium. 8-)
George
There are three kinds of people in this world... those who can add and those who can't.
kats

Postby barredbenny » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:27 pm

It's interesting to hear about everyone's preferences. Smith's is a sad loss, though most who were there in recent years say that the spirit had gone out of the place quite a while ago. I hear that Snuffstore have obtained the recipes from Smith's and have started producing some of their snuffs. I haven't tried any of them though.

I have some F&T Seville on the way, and I am very curious to try it!

The FUBARs I will have to try at some point too. Are these toast-like in their grind and moisture? If so, I might have to join the chorus of fans!

My single favourite snuff is now Wilson's of Sharrow's Irish High Toast no. 22. It should be, I have about 5 kilos of it cellared.... I love lots of different flavours of snuff but this is one that always hits the spot, and that my nose can't seem to get enough of.
Pinch taker in residence.
barredbenny

Location: London town, where the streets are paved with gold...

Postby Dodger » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:26 pm

barredbenny wrote:
My single favourite snuff is now Wilson's of Sharrow's Irish High Toast no. 22. It should be, I have about 5 kilos of it cellared.... I love lots of different flavours of snuff but this is one that always hits the spot, and that my nose can't seem to get enough of.

Obviously not a fan of the moister snuffs .While I like the occasional pinch of Irish it is not one I would cellar You should enjoy the Seville as it is quite dry .
Dodger
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby barredbenny » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:52 pm

Dodger wrote:Obviously not a fan of the moister snuffs .While I like the occasional pinch of Irish it is not one I would cellar You should enjoy the Seville as it is quite dry .

I do enjoy moist snuffs like the SG varieties and many of the moist F&Ts, it's just that I have to evacuate them with each pinch. Which is a little messy when out and about, though not too bad for home snuffing. But you are right, the dry snuffs are really my thing. Good to know about the Seville - I can't wait.
barredbenny

Postby TigerJack » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:43 am

barredbenny wrote:The FUBARs I will have to try at some point too. Are these toast-like in their grind and moisture? If so, I might have to join the chorus of fans!

Hi bud, I assume your name is Benny? Anyway you should give the two F.U.B.A.R Snuffs a shot , Grunt & the SNAFU, are basically my two favorite snuffs, the snafu is similar to a toast in grind but the grunt is a bit coarser but not much, they are both high nic snuffs with SNAFU being the strongest of the two, the snafu also has quiet the burn until you kinda get used to it a bit. Anyway they are fines snuffs & are Highly recommended . G'Day Sir

EDIT: I forgot to mention Fubar Medic in which I like a lot as well.
Clint
TigerJack

Postby barredbenny » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:38 pm

brim325 wrote:
Hi bud, I assume your name is Benny? Anyway you should give the two F.U.B.A.R Snuffs a shot , Grunt & the SNAFU, are basically my two favorite snuffs, the snafu is similar to a toast in grind but the grunt is a bit coarser but not much, they are both high nic snuffs with SNAFU being the strongest of the two, the snafu also has quiet the burn until you kinda get used to it a bit. Anyway they are fines snuffs & are Highly recommended . G'Day Sir

EDIT: I forgot to mention Fubar Medic in which I like a lot as well.

Hi Clint, yeah Benny is my nickname that most people use. Excellent, I will have to try those. So many snuffs out there! Thanks for the feedback on those. :D
barredbenny

Postby Anthorn » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:14 pm

Fribourg & Treyer - French Carotte: Coarse ground and something of a general purpose snuff which I use sometimes for sprinkling into my pipe on top of burning tobacco. Sandalwood is the top note and it also has French Carotte essence whatever that is. I've never had any real success sniffing it because most of it falls out of my nose before it gets damp enough.
Favourite tobacco: Gawith Hoggarth Sliced Kendal Brown Twist (Sliced Brown Bogie), Gawith Hoggarth Rum Flake, Dunhill My Mixture 965, Ashton Artisan's Blend, Peterson Irish Flake. Most disiked tobacco: Peterson Sunset Breeze, Samuel Gawith Perfection.
Anthorn

Return to Other Tobacco Products