Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Latakia Cigars

Cigars, cigarettes, snuff, dip, chew, snus

Latakia Cigars

Postby HowlinWolf » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:47 pm

I don't know anything about these. I rec'd an email from Pipes and Cigars & I'm passing along the info. Text below is as found at the link, not my comments.

Spectre by AJ Fernandez

http://www.pipesandcigars.com/cigars/75452/spectre-by-aj-fernandez/

Spectre is a cigar that pushes the envelope. In making this dark and oily masterpiece, AJ Fernandez has broken the mold by bringing a tobacco into the mix that you've probably never seen in a cigar before- Latakia.

The jet-black leaf from Cyprus is the result of hanging Turkish tobaccos in a barn and saturating the leaf with wood smoke. It's a full-bodied tobacco with a uniquely smoky aroma and flavor. Widely used in pipe tobacco, Latakia is a newcomer to cigars, but with the masterful hand of AJ involved, the result is unlike anything you've ever experienced.

Cigar guys will be intrigued by the added dimension that Latakia brings to the table, adding an almost barbecue note to the blend. Pipe enthusiasts who are already familiar with the fragrant black leaf will be amazed at how expertly it's balanced against the rich and robust mixture of cigar tobaccos. This will be a phenomenal change of pace for the pipe or cigar smoker who wants something wildly different.

One thing's for certain- you've never tried the likes of Spectre before.
This post is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling of contents may have occurred during transmission.
HowlinWolf
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Re: Latakia Cigars

Postby Dodger » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:22 pm

I would like to see a review by one of our members as it looks like an interesting cigar .
Dodger
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby HowlinWolf » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:38 pm

I wish they came in a cigarillo size.
This post is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling of contents may have occurred during transmission.
HowlinWolf
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby bearded1 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:30 am

HowlinWolf wrote:I wish they came in a cigarillo size.

Ditto. That would be a great little smoke!
-Paul
bearded1

Postby aquaholic » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:24 pm

I saw these the other day as well.....I'm interested in trying one for sure
~Isaac
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Cellar
aquaholic
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby Cms83 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:08 pm

Haven't posted in awhile and came here today to post about this same cigar. I intend to try one next order. I have been smoking pipes for 3 weeks and love full English blends. I like night cap, proper English etc. This cigar sounds good. Was goin to ask if anyone tried it. But guess not. None the less have to get one let you guys know how she does. Chris
Cms83

Postby Cms83 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:10 pm

Also, I used to smoke cigars the don Diego playboys. What happned to them the are all sold out?
Cms83

Postby Cms83 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:58 pm

And I just noticed the dates and I am lil late to. Have any of you tried the cigar since the last post?
Cms83

Postby SidStavros » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:15 am

I am waiting to read too. :)
SidStavros

Postby Cms83 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:03 am

Well I reckon I I'll get the spectors with this weeks order. So I'll let u guys know. I wonder if they stoped making the playboys. I got fond memories smoking the playboys. When Me and my cousin where 18ish we took a trip with our grand pa to Maine. I bought a box of the playboys and me and my cousin would sit by the doc at night and smoke the cigars and drink coffea. Well he passed away in March. He was 28,his demons got the best of him. So I wanted to get some of them to smoke on his birthday.
Cms83

Postby Cms83 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:46 pm

Well didn't get the Spector. Found 10 don Diego playboys here in south jersey! Got one of them instead. Only place I could find that had any left. Pricey of course. But if any like that cigar and u can't find em by you let me know I would be more then happy to pick em up for u and ship them to you. Just pay shipping and cost of cigar. Which is 16 somin. Will also take pic of price or ship receipt to show iam not makin money off of them
Cms83

Postby 4nogginsmike » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:00 pm

I've got to try one of these, maybe when I get to my tobacconist's shop. He took a partner about 5 years ago who really knows cigars, so I'll ask him if they're any good.
Pipe smoking: the most cultivated taking of tobacco; a good friend and a sublime addiction; but give me a cigar, too. But so expensive: smoke up and smoke less.
4nogginsmike

Return to Other Tobacco Products