Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Luis Martinez

Cigars, cigarettes, snuff, dip, chew, snus

Luis Martinez

Postby Geo3rge » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:48 am

Very late last evening, in the outdoor dark by the light of a candle, I enjoyed what for me was an unusual treat in that I smoked a cigar. This is very rare owing to a cigar's pungency and it would never be smoked indoors. However, I had bought a cigar sampler pack from GQ Tobaccos containing five petit coronas and the one I enjoyed last evening was by Luis Martinez. Fortunately I had a cutter and so was able to get the thing started right. The air was calm with a slight breeze to waft the smoke gently away and this small cigar was a very fine smoke for about half an hour. Slightly spicy, with coffee and chocolate notes, it proved to be a very good smoke as I tried to finish a novel by the candlelight. It drew freely without that stickiness or hard pull that some cigars give and the taste lingered on throughout. It burned evenly all the way down. This fine smoke ended a day that had had all sorts of stresses that really shouldn't have been there in the first place and it made for a relaxing and pleasant time. A good, short and flavourful cigar to end the day with.
Steve
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member
Moderator & Supporting Member

Re: Luis Martinez

Postby KevLa » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:23 pm

Geo3rge wrote:Very late last evening, in the outdoor dark by the light of a candle, I enjoyed what for me was an unusual treat in that I smoked a cigar. This is very rare owing to a cigar's pungency and it would never be smoked indoors. However, I had bought a cigar sampler pack from GQ Tobaccos containing five petit coronas and the one I enjoyed last evening was by Luis Martinez. Fortunately I had a cutter and so was able to get the thing started right. The air was calm with a slight breeze to waft the smoke gently away and this small cigar was a very fine smoke for about half an hour. Slightly spicy, with coffee and chocolate notes, it proved to be a very good smoke as I tried to finish a novel by the candlelight. It drew freely without that stickiness or hard pull that some cigars give and the taste lingered on throughout. It burned evenly all the way down. This fine smoke ended a day that had had all sorts of stresses that really shouldn't have been there in the first place and it made for a relaxing and pleasant time. A good, short and flavourful cigar to end the day with.
Steve

Sounds like a very nice, calming experience, mate. I'm becoming more and more enticed by cigars, but as you, I would have to make them a very occasional treat :)

PS. Little known Kev-fact: my first smokes were cigars... when I was a very drunk teenager... :roll:
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Return to Other Tobacco Products