Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Where has everyone gone

Because there's more to life than pipe smoking. If it will not fit another forum, bring it up here.

Where has everyone gone

Postby acaciavet » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:19 pm

I keep looking for the old timers Like Bob and Issac and nowhere to be found? George is one of the few i recognize anymore?

Up Spirits
Chuck
Once a Coastie always a Coastie
Chuck
acaciavet
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Re: Where has everyone gone

Postby Geo3rge » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:44 pm

I cannot account for absences, Chuck. It's a difficult issue and folk will have reasons for discontinuing or taking a break. I'm grateful that you have picked this up.
The technical problems encountered a while back did seem to accelerate things, when restrictions had to be imposed on further membership owing to a tidal wave of spamming. That has occurred several times in the past and my own involvement in the last wave was quite tiring, checking daily all the messages, deleting them, banning 'members' who were not members but spammers etc.

The side effects have been considerable, I feel. I can only hope that the journey will be smoother in the future and that folk can feel confident to contribute.

I've emailed Eric recently and am awaiting a reply.
Thanks for posting. Grateful for your own support.

Steve
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member

Postby TigerJack » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:54 am

Hi Guys, At least with the register back up we should slowly start getting new members soon. Good smoking guys & G'Day
"If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It"
Clint
TigerJack

Postby Bob » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:59 am

We'll see how it goes. Hopefully no or few spam attacks. I added e-mail confirmation.

I plan on sending a letter to Eric's home address with a stamped return envelope. I fear something has happened to him. Only he can fix the security problems with this site.

Chuck, we'll have to get on Skype or equivalent soon! Lately, I've been using google "Duo" on my cell phone which is superior.
Bob
Bob

Postby TigerJack » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:26 am

I do hope he is well, Prayers go out for him & his.
Clint
TigerJack

Postby vaburp » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:43 pm

Haven't been active anywhere since summer ,,, had some virus infiltrate some time ago and finally ejected it,,,then had trouble logging on,,,gave it a rest then crashed and burned.

New computer now and all is well.
vaburp

Postby 12toneman » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:38 am

Hey, guys. I'm still checking in, just not posting as I've been super busy with work, side gig, and new daughter. Happy smokes!
...what helped to bring about that almost impious good-humor of his; that thing must have been his pipe.
12toneman

Postby TigerJack » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:43 am

@12Toneman Good to see you bud, it's been a long time, congrats on a Daughter, Pop in once in awhile, G'Day Sir
Clint
TigerJack

Postby KevinM » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:23 am

I also pop in from time to time, but haven't posted. Seems much going on these days and a local tobacco club I co-founded this past May takes up most of my "pipe" time.
KevinM
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Return to General Off-topic