Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Snow!

Because there's more to life than pipe smoking. If it will not fit another forum, bring it up here.

Snow!

Postby ratatosk » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:27 am

I just wanted to say that I hope that all of you yankees in NYC and the northeast in general who are supposed to receive 3 feet of snow tonight fare well. Seems like you've had plenty of warning and can get it sorted out in a couple of days. If that happened here, we would be down for weeks. Then again, if it happened here, you would have 20 feet up your way and would be in the same boat. :D
Richard
-----------
If even I don't know how many pipes I own, how the hell would you know if I have too many?
ratatosk
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Snow!

Postby tarheel7734 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:30 am

I will sit out side in my 75 degrees and smoke a pipe for you yanks.
tarheel7734

Postby Piperman » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:06 am

NYC expect a strong blizzard at Sunday.
Igor Image - Pipe Dreamer
Piperman
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby Terrier » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:24 pm

I'm in Middletown NY which is about 70 miles NW of the city. We only got about 5 inches, though it is still snowing. I didn't go into work, as I drive a delivery van, and at my stage in life I don't drive in this anymore. I will sit in the man room after lunch, get the pot belly stove going and smoke a bowl of GL Pease Sextant.
Terrier

Postby Geo3rge » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:56 pm

I wish you well. Here in the UK it's getting colder and snow is forecast, but we only need half an inch for everything to shut down. You are obviously made of sterner stuff over there, so good luck. I will, whilst smoking my St. Bruno, give a thought for you.
G.
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member
Moderator & Supporting Member

Postby Terrier » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:34 pm

Sterner stuff I'm not so sure. I cry like a baby while suiting up to run my snow blower. I look like a Martian. The blower always seems to blow it in your face. Turns out we only had about 3 inches here, but Boston seems to be getting hit pretty good. Stay well.

P
Terrier

Postby acaciavet » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:10 pm

In Buffalo it aint now sweat mate!
Once a Coastie always a Coastie
Chuck
acaciavet
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby RoyOdhner » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:40 am

We're supposed to get a few inches tomorrow, here in the DFW-area of Texas. Should make the 25 mile drive back home interesting. Oh well, I've got a couple of pipes and a goodly supply of 1931 Flake so I'll be good to go.
One burley SOB.
RoyOdhner

Postby ratatosk » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:25 am

We got a bit this morning, melted off of the roads by noon. A couple of inches are due tomorrow evening, but it will be 43F on Thursday so that will be gone pretty quickly. Mostly just a good reason to work from home.
Richard
-----------
If even I don't know how many pipes I own, how the hell would you know if I have too many?
ratatosk
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby Terrier » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:45 pm

Snowing again right now in NYS. Just can't wait to go out snow blowing again. Although trust be told last year was a lot worse, at least in my area, for snow.
Terrier

Return to General Off-topic