Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Leonard Nimoy, R. I. P.

Because there's more to life than pipe smoking. If it will not fit another forum, bring it up here.

Leonard Nimoy, R. I. P.

Postby KevLa » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:31 am

Yesterday, a great actor passed away.

While he played many roles during his long and illustrious career, Leonard Nimoy is undoubtedly most famous for bringing Star Trek's inimitable Mr. Spock to life. In so doing, Nimoy taught us the importance of mastering our emotions, and applying the power of logic, for the good of all.
He will be missed.

Requiescat in pace.
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Re: Leonard Nimoy, R. I. P.

Postby Geo3rge » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:23 am

I enjoyed his role as Spock. I also remember him in a Columbo episode and in some of the Mission Impossible episodes. He certainly had a presence in the Star Trek movies and I felt he was a good foil for Kirk. On occasions some of the films, or parts of them at least, had a slightly odd, almost silly side to them, which I found irritating, but Spock's serious, cool character always appealed.
Who would have guessed, from the first pilot episode which proved unpopular (though I liked it) that the franchise would still be going strong today? I am sure Leonard Nimoy's character remains a pivotal role in that success.
G.
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member
Moderator & Supporting Member

Re: Leonard Nimoy, R. I. P.

Postby KevLa » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:31 pm

Geo3rge wrote:...I also remember him in a Columbo episode...

That's right! Nimoy played Dr. Barry Mayfield in A Stitch in Crime. I'm a huge fan of Columbo :D
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Return to General Off-topic