Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Slow and steady

Because there's more to life than pipe smoking. If it will not fit another forum, bring it up here.

Slow and steady

Postby CPWSolf » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:26 pm

Hi all,

It has been a while since both my last post and last login. In my last post I was explaining the bad situation I was in.

Things have changed, I have just started my PhD, and have a few tough but good years ahead. I have moved in with my mother (not so good at 29) but have a (very) small mobile home to fix up as a little house. It is just a shell....ideas and tips welcome, I am sure pics will be incoming soon.

Short and sweet,

Happy puffing

Chris
Chris

"You have seen but not observed whereas I both see and observe."

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCadYy6qr4IjVVsVT7zrCZag
CPWSolf
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Slow and steady

Postby Geo3rge » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:49 am

Chris, good luck with everything here and I sincerely hope that a little bit of good fortune for the future will come your way as you adjust to things at the moment. I cannot offer any easy solutions, but I can certainly tender my support and sympathy as a fellow pipe smoker on this forum. The very best of luck and success with the studies and I hope you will find these rewarding and, for your future, profitable.
Steve
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member

Postby acaciavet » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:42 pm

Good Luck old Boy!
Once a Coastie always a Coastie
Chuck
acaciavet
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby William » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:08 pm

As far as suggestions for your new living quarters, I'd place the pipe rack near the beer cooler to lessen wearing out the carpet. :D

I wish you all the best in the pursuit of your PhD.
The meaning of life becomes irrelevant once I'm smoking my pipe.
William
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby Piperman » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:39 pm

Good luck, Chris!
Igor Image - Pipe Dreamer
Piperman
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby CPWSolf » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:31 pm

William wrote:As far as suggestions for your new living quarters, I'd place the pipe rack near the beer cooler to lessen wearing out the carpet. :D

I wish you all the best in the pursuit of your PhD.

Cheers william. Ironically the first thing I've done is make plans for a smoking shack with covered walkway and a coffee table humidor/tobacco storage (acquired a lot of free wood). Love how those have come prior to actually making it livable.
Chris

CPWSolf
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby Falconeer » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:44 am

For some unknown reason your last post came up several time so I have deleted the duplicates Chris.

Really hope things go better for you from now on - you deserve it. Really hoping too you'll be posting regularly again - always enjoyed reading your posts greatly.
"I don't think it matters what kind of pipe you smoke, so long as it is well broken in." - Trevor Baylis former Pipe Smoker of the Year
Falconeer

Postby CPWSolf » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:05 pm

Falconeer wrote:For some unknown reason your last post came up several time so I have deleted the duplicates Chris.

Really hope things go better for you from now on - you deserve it. Really hoping too you'll be posting regularly again - always enjoyed reading your posts greatly.

I'll be posting a lot more often now Gerry, thankfully. I think that was Tapatalk playing up when I was out and about trying to post, cheers mate.
Chris

CPWSolf
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby Bob » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:49 am

Chris, your avatar looks like your ready for Newton's chair at Cambridge! Good luck and never give up. You will be rewarded.

P.S. "Slow and Steady" ... that's what she said, but maybe that only applies to us old folks. :lol:
Bob
Bob

Postby CPWSolf » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:47 pm

Bob wrote:Chris, your avatar looks like your ready for Newton's chair at Cambridge! Good luck and never give up. You will be rewarded.

P.S. "Slow and Steady" ... that's what she said, but maybe that only applies to us old folks. :lol:

Thanks Bob, maybe one day I shall.

Well that explains a lot: know where I have been going wrong all these years now
Chris

CPWSolf
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Return to General Off-topic