Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

My Durham trip

If its about the fine hobby of pipe smoking but not specific to one of the other forums post about it here.

My Durham trip

Postby rusty » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:39 pm

I managed to get through and got what I wanted, unfortunately there were no cool way pipes but that tiny dinky pipe caught my eye as it's briar and only a tenner so got one. What a pleasant surprise it smokes very well.
Attachments
IMG.20171227.WA0000.001.jpg
IMG.20171227.WA0000.001.jpg (9.67 KiB) Viewed 206 times
rusty

Re: My Durham trip

Postby Geo3rge » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:21 am

Congratulations. You got the International as well, I see. Hope both are enjoyable. And as for the St. Bruno, good choice!
Happy New Year to you.
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member
Moderator & Supporting Member

Postby rusty » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:54 pm

Thank you George I'm enjoying the international very much.
I managed to find a Peterson adventurer so jumped on it as I love this type and size,and wanted to make sure I got another before they disappeared?

Happy new year to you too.
rusty

Postby rusty » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:01 pm

I'll try to get a pic on here of it.
Something about my board quota limit reached stooped me.?
rusty

Postby Nomad » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:27 pm

I get the board quota thing as well. The alternative is to upload the photos to a hosting service like imgur.com (need to register an account to do so), and copy the BBCode link that's generated by the hosting service into a post on here.

A BBCode link looks like this...

Code: Select all
[img]https://i.imgur.com/U4r1QX0.jpg[/img]

The img tags at the start and end are specific to forums like this - the forum spots them and knows to interpret the web link between them as an image, and so displays it as such rather than just as a link. The photo isn't uploaded to here - it stays on the hosting service.

Here's the link without the img tags...

https://i.imgur.com/U4r1QX0.jpg

It's displayed as a normal hyperlink (which will take you to the photo, but is obviously less integrated than having the photo embedded in the post).

And here it is with the img tags, which are automatically interpreted by the forum...

It gets displayed as the photo rather than a normal hyperlink.
Nomad

Postby rusty » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:38 am

Thanks for that, iv had a look on the imgur site and can't find how to do that, unfortunately im not great when it comes to this sort of stuff.
rusty

Return to General Pipe Smoking Discussion