Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Intentional, half brother to the Alco?

If its about the fine hobby of pipe smoking but not specific to one of the other forums post about it here.

Intentional, half brother to the Alco?

Postby rusty » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:28 pm

Hi guys
Iv had a straight international for a while and love it. My motivation in getting it was to find something similar to my Dad's Alco which was my favourite even now , but because I can't buy an Alco now the international was a good similar addition albeit the bowls are Falcon so larger.
I loved the smaller bowls on the Alco but am used to the larger bowls of the Falcon now.
My latest addition is the international full bent which I absolutely love, it's the next best thing to an Alco in that it's a solid metal stem and I really like the bent shape, it sort of sits more comfortably in my mouth than a straight.
Anyway my point is that I find the international is a good replacement in my mind for the Alco.
Don't get me wrong, if Alco's were still available I'd grab one straight away, even more so if they did a full bent. But alas I'm never likely to be able to get an Alco new , so the international series have been a very welcome addition.
Falcons are nice pipes but unless you've used or owned an Alco I don't think you'll understand what I'm trying to say here , other than its a sad loss in the pipe world.
rusty

Re: Intentional, half brother to the Alco?

Postby Geo3rge » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:38 am

Had to look twice...International, not Intentional, I presume!

Good pipes. The Alco pipes were great little things and I had one in those far off days of early pipe smoking.
They can still be had. eBay may have them. A UK website - Bob’s Briars (look for him in the Etsy website) currently has an Alco for sale at around £18 or so.

I also had an International but gave it away I think. Somehow wish I’d kept it! But they can be easily obtained.
Glad to see you enjoying these pipes. Not everyone likes Falcons, but I and millions of others certainly do!
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member
Moderator & Supporting Member

Re: Intentional, half brother to the Alco?

Postby rusty » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:57 pm

Ah yes sorry, the title is indeed International , I can't have been paying attention with auto check lurking.
rusty

Return to General Pipe Smoking Discussion