Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

NEW MEMBERS - Read this first

If its about the fine hobby of pipe smoking but not specific to one of the other forums post about it here.

NEW MEMBERS - Read this first

Postby eric » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:29 pm

Welcome to Tamp & Puff. Thank you for joining our community.

We are doing our best to make Tamp & Puff enjoyable for everyone, especially new members. However, some of the measures we must employ to keep spammers from flooding the site involve an increased degree of rigidity where new member's abilities to use the forum are concerned.

This is only temporary and we regret any inconvenience these measures cause new members. We hope you understand that they are for the greater good of everyone in the long term - including you. You won't be a new member long.

1. New members will need to post an introduction in the Introductions area. Make this your first post and post it as soon as your account is activated. This is a primary way we distinguish you, the genuine pipe smoker, from the insidious spam robot. It doen't need to be fancy or long. Just something to let us know who you are.

2. Upload a nice avatar and fill out your profile. Spammers hardly ever do this.

3. You will be unable to start new topics anywhere other than the Introductions and New Members area for the time being. You will be able to reply to existing topics in some of the other on-topic forums. Jump in and join the discussion!

4. At some point you will begin enjoying full access to the forum.

5. Be sure to become familiar with the forum rules and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask! We are a friendly bunch and pleased that you joined us.
Eric

Subscribe to SPT Email Updates and stay up to date on the latest pipe tobacco news, reviews, and discussion from SmokingPipeTobacco.com.
Follow me on Facebook

About my 130lb weight loss four years ago: My NEW book will be out soon!!!
eric
Site Admin

Re: NEW MEMBERS - Read this first

Postby englanddave » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:39 am

Reported
Dave

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”
-Indian Proverb
englanddave
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby Penn25 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:37 pm

Thanks, working on my avatars now.

Done but it looks like a mug shot of a guy with a pipe in his "mug" lol.
Penn25

Postby sugarcane1 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:55 pm

I am a new member. sugarcane 1
sugarcane1

Postby TigerJack » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:30 am

Hi sugarcane1 & Welcome bud. This should have actually been in the Introduction thread but no big deal happy smoking.G'Day Sir.
"If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It"
Clint
TigerJack

Return to General Pipe Smoking Discussion