Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

FOR TRADE ENGLISH / BALKAN TOBACCO SCRABBLE

This is for the box passes or if you have something you'd like to trade, post about it here.

FOR TRADE ENGLISH / BALKAN TOBACCO SCRABBLE

Postby halpuff » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:34 pm

Ever wonder what the experience would be like if you took the scraps and left-overs of your favorite English pipe tobaccos
and just over time tossed them together in a mason jar and just left to accumulate? Would it then be like smoking your favorite English or Balkan, only on steroids? Well......I have done just that and I’m about to find out and you can too if you would like to make a trade for the experience.

Take a look at the link below.

I have kept what I want of this tobacco creation and as you can see by the photo that I have a heaping tin left over that I will trade to anyone who would just for the fun of it, like to experience this English / Balkan menagerie.
I’m wondering will senses discover......hey!...there was a hint of Presbyterian...a whiff of Balkan Sasieni....the essence of Frog Morton, or was it Squadron Leader, Dunhill’s 965, or was that a whiff of Early Morning pipe, etc, etc, etc that just passed the nose? Comprised of the components of the great English / Balkans this should be a fun experiment. Kind of a pipe tobacco Scrabble.

I don’t have a scale, but I’m guessing a heaping full tin like like the photo indicates this would amount to at least 2 to 2-1/2 ounces of tobacco. In my experience of opening new 1.5 oz tins like this it seems the tobacco level only occupies approximately 2/3rds the volume of the tin.

This does not need to be an ounce for ounce trade and I would be happy with just one tin or 50g equivalent of a bulk Va/Per of some kind.

So, if you have a Va/Per that you are not crazy about, or have a Va/Per that you are overstocked on and would like to trade, send me a PM and let me know what you have. I would prefer a flake or broken flake or coins.

Halpuff :D

http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/harkb ... ixed%20tin
Last edited by halpuff on Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
halpuff

Re: ENGLISH / BALKAN TOBACCO SCRABBLE

Postby halpuff » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:06 am

What......No takers on this one???
You don't know what you are missing.
halpuff

Re: FOR TRADE ENGLISH / BALKAN TOBACCO SCRABBLE

Postby halpuff » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:08 pm

It amazes me what the combination of these great components can reveal to the senses.

Sensing elements of Balkan Sobraine, or Dunhill's London Mixture.
halpuff

Postby KevLa » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:27 pm

It seems like you might be having second thoughts about getting rid of it! :)
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby halpuff » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:58 pm

KevLa wrote:It seems like you might be having second thoughts about getting rid of it! :)

Possibly Kevla. The thought has crossed my mind but now that I've made the offer I won't back out now. I will wait a while longer and If no one wants to experience this I will just cellar it and let it age a few years. That could end up being a real treat.
halpuff

Postby KevLa » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:18 am

halpuff wrote:Possibly Kevla. The thought has crossed my mind but now that I've made the offer I won't back out now. I will wait a while longer and If no one wants to experience this I will just cellar it and let it age a few years. That could end up being a real treat.

Could well be! Tobacco-blending is so much fun :)
Kev-La.
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby halpuff » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:29 pm

KevLa wrote:
halpuff wrote:Possibly Kevla. The thought has crossed my mind but now that I've made the offer I won't back out now. I will wait a while longer and If no one wants to experience this I will just cellar it and let it age a few years. That could end up being a real treat.

Could well be! Tobacco-blending is so much fun :)
Kev-La.

I have not really gotten into the aging of tobacco much and I wonder if I have no takers on this and decide to keep and age it, do I need to move this to a larger mason jar so the tobacco can breath a bit, or will it best age tightly packed in tin that I show in the photo? If I leave it in the tin shown in the photo it will have to be pressed down very tightly in order to get the lid on the tin, thus packing the tobacco extremely tight.
halpuff

Postby KevLa » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:41 am

halpuff wrote:I have not really gotten into the aging of tobacco much and I wonder if I have no takers on this and decide to keep and age it, do I need to move this to a larger mason jar so the tobacco can breath a bit, or will it best age tightly packed in tin that I show in the photo? If I leave it in the tin shown in the photo it will have to be pressed down very tightly in order to get the lid on the tin, thus packing the tobacco extremely tight.

I recommend an airtight jar, filling it with tobacco about halfway, giving it a light tamp down, then filling almost to the top, and giving another light tamp to leave space for a little air. The friendly bacteria needs something to breathe :)
KevLa

Return to Tobacco Swap