Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

New pouch minus one bowl of The Prince.

This is for the box passes or if you have something you'd like to trade, post about it here.

New pouch minus one bowl of The Prince.

Postby ColoradoHusker » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:48 pm

The Prince is not for me. I'd take as little as a couple bowls of just about anything else in trade for my nearly full pouch. I'd love to try some Hobbit's Weed if you've got it.
ColoradoHusker

Re: New pouch minus one bowl of The Prince.

Postby ratatosk » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:42 am

Assuming that you are talking about Prince Albert, you might want to hang on to the pouch even if it isn't a particular favorite. There are two things that Prince Albert does really well that make it useful to have around.

1. It is an excellent blend for getting heel cake started in a new pipe. Any old codger burley is good for this, but Prince Albert seems to work especially well. I always begin break-in with a couple of bowls before moving on to other stuff.

2. It will chase off pretty much any ghost in a briar pipe from stuff like 1792, Condor, Ennerdale, Grousemoor, etc. 2-3 bowls will do the trick when nothing else works, I have no idea of how or why?

It also usually pays to lay a blend aside for a few weeks or months and then have another go at it. It will change a bit, usually for the better, and your preferred taste spectrum may change as you sample other things too. But, to each his own. :)
Richard
-----------
If even I don't know how many pipes I own, how the hell would you know if I have too many?
ratatosk
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby 12toneman » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:58 am

Plus, it'll cost you the price of the pouch to mail it.
...what helped to bring about that almost impious good-humor of his; that thing must have been his pipe.
12toneman

Postby ColoradoHusker » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:29 am

I guess I should have used PA. Yeah I've read about the benefits of PA but I don't know if I can stomach it enough to reap those benefits. The bowls I've smoked remind me of smoking re-fry cigarettes in high school. It leaves such a bad after taste that I'm not sure it is worth it. I might be reacting a bit knee-jerk but I had a fairly negative experience.
ColoradoHusker

Postby kats » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:00 am

If you don't enjoy it... don't smoke it! There are too many good ones to try.
George
There are three kinds of people in this world... those who can add and those who can't.
kats

Postby acaciavet » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:18 pm

Buy it the Tin! the pouch stuff sux! You want to change the favor get some Gawaith Navy flake and mix 50/50. I guarantee you smoke that and you will need a 12 step program to get off of it.I love that blend!
Once a Coastie always a Coastie
Chuck
acaciavet
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Return to Tobacco Swap