Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

G.L. Pease Haddo's Delight for trade

This is for the box passes or if you have something you'd like to trade, post about it here.

G.L. Pease Haddo's Delight for trade

Postby halpuff » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:19 am

I have a recently opened 2 ounce tin of G.L. Pease Haddo's Delight minus two bowls. The tin is dated 7/24/14. I don't have a scale but I'm guessing there has to be just under two ounces still remaining in the tin.

I would like to trade it for:

One of the Va/per blends.
Presbyterian
Dunhill 965 or other possible English blends.
All blends except for aromatics will be considered.

Thanks,

Halpuff
halpuff

Re: G.L. Pease Haddo's Delight for trade

Postby halpuff » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:37 pm

My goodness. With all the raves about G.L. Pease Haddo's delight that I have read all over the net I would have thought this would have been gone in a New York Minute.

:shock:
halpuff

Postby Hermit » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:23 pm

The problem is that a one tin trade isn't worth the postage.
If it was a pound, I'd be all over it. 8-)
Make America Great Again
Hermit
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby halpuff » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:47 am

Hermit wrote:The problem is that a one tin trade isn't worth the postage.
If it was a pound, I'd be all over it. 8-)

Thanks for your reply Hermit!
Figuring a decent tin of tobacco is going to run somewhere between $9.00 to $14.00 plus shipping most guys will feel it a savings if for a few dollars in postage they can swap a tin of something they may never smoke for something they will. It beats just throwing away something that may be of value to a fellow pipe smoker. Myself and many others have swapped single tins of tobacco for years. For us that's on a retirement budget, we can afford the occasional few bucks for postage that keeps us in pipe tobacco we like and moves out the tobacco that we don't necessarily care for. For just a few bucks we help each other and we get to try new tobaccos.
halpuff

Postby KevLa » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:36 am

halpuff wrote:...Figuring a decent tin of tobacco is going to run somewhere between $9.00 to $14.00 plus shipping most guys will feel it a savings if for a few dollars in postage they can swap a tin of something they may never smoke for something they will. It beats just throwing away something that may be of value to a fellow pipe smoker. Myself and many others have swapped single tins of tobacco for years. For us that's on a retirement budget, we can afford the occasional few bucks for postage that keeps us in pipe tobacco we like and moves out the tobacco that we don't necessarily care for. For just a few bucks we help each other and we get to try new tobaccos.

Good points, well made :)
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Return to Tobacco Swap