Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Explaining Active Topics

Explaining Active Topics

Postby eric » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:59 pm

I just did some work with the "Active Topics" feature on the forum. There are more individual forums that will display when you click the "Active Topics" link.

Another thing you can do from the Board Index is click one of the category headers, for example Pipes or Tobacco. When you do that, you get a list of all the sub forums under that category and a list of active topics in that category.

Not all individual sub forums show up in Active Topics. This is by design. For example, the posts in the "Master Debaters" forum (political discussion) do not show up in Active Topics because not everyone who comes here to discuss pipe smoking wants to see that. The same goes for the self-promotion. Not everyone who comes here wants to see classified ads. Those who do know where to look.

I will monitor what appears in Active Topics and as always, I am open to suggestions. Feel free to start a discussion if you have any questions or concerns.
Eric

Subscribe to SPT Email Updates and stay up to date on the latest pipe tobacco news, reviews, and discussion from SmokingPipeTobacco.com.
Follow me on Facebook

About my 130lb weight loss four years ago: My NEW book will be out soon!!!
eric
Site Admin

Return to News and Information