Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

egg nog

Each month we'll have some focused reviews on a particular blend.

egg nog

Postby Cobking » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:02 pm

Has anybody tried pipesandcigars Egg Nog? I got some in the mail and tried it and it smelled GREAT capitol G but tasted like licking a ash tray.Did I get a bad batch or is this normal? Anybody think I should order more or leave it alone?Would ageing this help?
Thanks
Bob
May all your roads be smooth,the chicken houses closed,and my your pipe never run empty:)
God Bless
Cobking

Re: egg nog

Postby Bob » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:29 pm

I'm not an aro smoker and tried a sample of it recently. I liked it along with their Trout Stream. I sensed no ash tray taste. I doubt if you got a "bad" batch and no, it is not normal. I really don't know what to tell you except try smoking it slow. A lot a times the aros are so mild that we tend to puff hard and smoke them fast and hot.
Bob
Bob
Moderator & Supporting Member

Postby RompinDonkey » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:57 pm

I was given some Egg Nog a few years ago. I must say that it was pretty good. Very sweet, and the aroma even sweeter. As I remember, I washed my hair to remove the smell. Whilst I enjoyed the smoking of it - I found the smell a but sickening hours after the smoke had finished .....

I would say that it is better than Buternut Burley, which is my usual Aro that I turn to when in need of a sweet smoke.
Alan

God grant me the Serenity, to buy the bacca that I need;
Courage to refrain from buying bacca that I won't like; and Wisdom to know the difference.
RompinDonkey
Moderator, Plank Owner, and Supporting Member
Moderator, Plank Owner, and Supporting Member

Postby Cobking » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:19 am

Well Id realy like to see a tasty egg nog smoke so Ill try it again and make sure I go nice and slow.
May all your roads be smooth,the chicken houses closed,and my your pipe never run empty:)
God Bless
Cobking

Postby Bob » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:43 am

I can't say it really tastes like egg nog. I like the trout stream better. Better yet, try pipeworks and wilkie, Gramercy Park. My three go to suppliers of aros are Pipesandcigars (Hearth & Home), Pipeworks and Wilkie, and Boswells. I think the last two are better. Far above average and no PG. If you like aros you should try some samples from each of those places. All three worth a try. :)
Bob
Bob

Postby Taspiper » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:36 am

RompinDonkey wrote:I was given some Egg Nog a few years ago. I must say that it was pretty good. Very sweet, and the aroma even sweeter. As I remember, I washed my hair to remove the smell. Whilst I enjoyed the smoking of it - I found the smell a but sickening hours after the smoke had finished .....

I would say that it is better than Buternut Burley, which is my usual Aro that I turn to when in need of a sweet smoke.

Sounds like my sort of aro. I'll have to add it to the list.
Cheers Rolf

"I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs." -Albert Einstein

http://www.acmeengineering.com.au
http://www.rolfhey.com
http://www.piquredabeille.com
Rolfhey@acmeengineering.com.au
Taspiper

Return to Tobacco Of The Month