Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Jan: Peterson Univertisy Flake

Each month we'll have some focused reviews on a particular blend.

In context of recommending to others, how would you rate this blend?

Highly Encourage
40%
Encourage
56%
Neutral
No votes
Discourage
4%
Highly Discourage
No votes

Total votes : 25

Re: Jan: Peterson Univertisy Flake

Postby salty » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:45 pm

ScotsJim wrote:Still costing me less than what my hand rolling tobacco habit used to cost considering I was smoking a half ounce a day.

Ditto! It tastes nicer, it's cheaper, I get my nicotine hit, there's great tinkering and collecting scope and I can run up stairs and cycle up very small hills without coughing fits into the bargain! Win motherhucking win situation!

When I very first started smoking many moons ago, I tried a pipe first. I sneaked into my dad's shed, fashioned a pipe out of some random softwood, painted the outside in enamel paint and filled it with Clan. As you can imagine it tasted like burning pine and brut 66, and I quickly abandoned the pipe. Is it any wonder it took me 20 years to see sense after a start like that?
salty

Postby ScotsJim » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:02 pm

salty wrote:Ditto! It tastes nicer, it's cheaper, I get my nicotine hit, there's great tinkering and collecting scope and I can run up stairs and cycle up very small hills without coughing fits into the bargain! Win motherhucking win situation!

Me too matey. I used to cough like mad in the mornings, wheeze climbing hills etc. I couldn't even have a damned good laugh without fits of coughing. No more though.

salty wrote:When I very first started smoking many moons ago, I tried a pipe first. I sneaked into my dad's shed, fashioned a pipe out of some random softwood, painted the outside in enamel paint and filled it with Clan. As you can imagine it tasted like burning pine and brut 66, and I quickly abandoned the pipe. Is it any wonder it took me 20 years to see sense after a start like that?

:lol: :lol: I tried Clan once only many years ago. Vile. Eventually smoked nothing but Condor Long Cut for many years. It's this internet thingy that's piqued my interest again, what with mention of Balkan Sobranie, the old Three Nuns, and all that sort of stuff I tried years ago, that's made me more adventurous in trying new blends. I'd say on average I smoke around three different blends in a day and often more. Not bad for a diehard Condor smoker :)
Jim
"The Pontificating Pipe!"
http://www.youtube.com/user/TamperPeterson
Don't make me get my penny whistle !
http://www.youtube.com/user/fatheroblivion45
ScotsJim

Postby Geo3rge » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:22 pm

Really like this. I bought it only recently in a bid to stretch my tobacco awareness and absolutely loved it, from the opened tin to the taste in the mouth, and there is a very pleasant room aroma as well afterwards. It is a fine smoke for relaxing with and it is, at least for me, very smooth on the tongue and mouth. I also like the large flakes. I will certainly be getting this again. Having also mentioned this elsewhere in the Forum on another occasion, I am well pleased with this find.
Enjoy your pipe today wherever you are,
Geo3rge
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member
Moderator & Supporting Member

Previous

Return to Tobacco Of The Month