Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Lee Van Cleef Meerschaum?

Re: Lee Van Cleef Meerschaum?

Postby PapaBear » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:49 am

Very nice! What do you think of Storient? Good smokers etc?

Thanks
George

"We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem."

Douglas Adams
PapaBear

Postby Irminsul » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:54 pm

I smoked some Commonwealth in my Altinok. Didn't see any dead cowboys but I just pressed the emergency brake in my commuter train. :lol:
Irminsul
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby Richardpipe » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:01 pm

PapaBear wrote:Very nice! What do you think of Storient? Good smokers etc?

Thanks

Well my experience with Storient is awesome.. Storient is also sold at smokingpipes.com but the ones I bought are all from Storients web site http://www.meerschaumpipe.us

As a review I can confidently say that the meerschaum quality is top or even above.I can also say the smoking experience is very pure with the medusa.I have smoked my lee van only twice yet but it is as good as the medusa and my other poker from them.Engineering is VERY GOOD! just like my baki meers
I would buy one more but I really have to save some money for a new peterson in two or three months.

The only problem is my first two meers came in 3-4 days from turkey and I was impressed; however the last one took a while ( almost two weeks)
Yavuz Korpefiliz is the owner,a history graduate, very experienced and he helps you with everything indeed.I added him to my facebook friend list and can ask him some questions about my new meers as well as the other brands that I have,from time to time..
Richardpipe

Postby Richardpipe » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:08 pm

I had also thought of buying this one instead of the medusa Image
but then decided on the medusa of baglan
Richardpipe

Postby Richardpipe » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:10 pm

I had also thought of buying this one instead of the medusa http://www.smspipes.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.viewProduct&productId=1364&catId=164
but then decided on the medusa of baglan
Richardpipe

Postby northbrad » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:06 pm

I would never buy a pre colored meerschaum pipe.I have seen lots of pre colored models and I know they are very popular but meerschaum is known for its white color since 19th century.
White is the original color. :ugeek:
northbrad

Postby dbreazeale » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:02 pm

northbrad wrote:I would never buy a pre colored meerschaum pipe.I have seen lots of pre colored models and I know they are very popular but meerschaum is known for its white color since 19th century.

I suppose the same could be said about briar pipes, then? Briar doesn't come out of the ground in all of the various dyed colors that we see on the market but yet we still buy them. I own several meers and one of them was pre colored by the maker. The pre coloring is one of the things that attracted me to the pipe. I like it just as much as the white ones. I really like the LVC Meer that's listed in this post. I may have to get one.
dbreazeale

Postby gnatjulio » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:23 am

gnatjulio

Postby Dodger » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:38 am

northbrad wrote:I would never buy a pre colored meerschaum pipe.I have seen lots of pre colored models and I know they are very popular but meerschaum is known for its white color since 19th century.

You may change your mind if the right pipe came up .While I prefer white most of the better non standard carvings are pre-coloured and they smoke just as well .
Dodger
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby Falconeer » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:54 am

I really think threads like this should be totally and absolutely banned!!!

I've been away from my meerschaums for a while and had just returned to them to give them another try - when along comes this accursed thread and of course "sweet tempation comes calling" - no time to order one before going back to Spain, but I'll be back by Easter and I've a good idea what'll be on my birthday present list - suffice to say both Baki and Storient's sites are now on my Favourites.

Enjoy that pipe and happy smoking all!

Gerry
"I don't think it matters what kind of pipe you smoke, so long as it is well broken in." - Trevor Baylis former Pipe Smoker of the Year
Falconeer

Postby englanddave » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:21 am

Reported
Dave

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”
-Indian Proverb
englanddave
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Previous

Return to Non-briar pipes