Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

MM filter question...

MM filter question...

Postby custodian » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:01 pm

Considering a filtered MM for this summer... my other briars are Dr Grabow... is the Grabow filter & the Medico filter in a MM the same size?
Patrick
Southern Illinois
custodian

Re: MM filter question...

Postby HCraven » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:28 pm

Yes, although I think the Grabow filters are a little longer, but they work fine if you want to use one.
Herb
HCraven

Postby custodian » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:10 pm

This morning I "bit the bullet" & ordered a MM Legend bent from tobaccopipes.com... their price was about $4 more than getting one direct from MM, but I wanted a Jobey pipe rack also... so I ordered them together to consolidate shipping costs.

I hate shipping costs...
Patrick
Southern Illinois
custodian

Postby Dodger » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:53 pm

custodian wrote:I hate shipping costs...

Try the ones from US to UK ,they put me off buying from some dealers . :shock:
Dodger
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby Anthorn » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:41 am

custodian wrote:Considering a filtered MM for this summer... my other briars are Dr Grabow... is the Grabow filter & the Medico filter in a MM the same size?

Both of those work and also Dr Plumb. But you don't have to use a filter and MM cobs can be used without but you'll need to puff gently. I've been looking for a 6mm adapter without success so far.
Favourite tobacco: Gawith Hoggarth Sliced Kendal Brown Twist (Sliced Brown Bogie), Gawith Hoggarth Rum Flake, Dunhill My Mixture 965, Ashton Artisan's Blend, Peterson Irish Flake. Most disiked tobacco: Peterson Sunset Breeze, Samuel Gawith Perfection.
Anthorn

Postby custodian » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:59 pm

Patrick
Southern Illinois
custodian

Postby Anthorn » Wed May 01, 2013 10:55 am

custodian wrote:Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.cupojoes.com/cgi-bin/spgm?dp ... em=pip62nf

That is something like what I'm looking for, yes. Thanks for the info. Problem is it's in U.S.A. and the shipping cost would be prohibitive. I'm guessing that since it's Savinelli it's a replacement for the triangular balsa filters but maybe it would work in a MM cob.
Favourite tobacco: Gawith Hoggarth Sliced Kendal Brown Twist (Sliced Brown Bogie), Gawith Hoggarth Rum Flake, Dunhill My Mixture 965, Ashton Artisan's Blend, Peterson Irish Flake. Most disiked tobacco: Peterson Sunset Breeze, Samuel Gawith Perfection.
Anthorn

Postby stormwulf133 » Wed May 01, 2013 10:08 pm

Or you could just get a walkerbriarworks forever stem and forget the filter, or the replacement for a filter. Yes shipping would be a beast most likely, but worth it. Every cob I have that can take one has one of his stems.
XIKAR 4 LIFE!
stormwulf133

Postby Anthorn » Thu May 02, 2013 1:03 am

stormwulf133 wrote:Or you could just get a walkerbriarworks forever stem and forget the filter, or the replacement for a filter. Yes shipping would be a beast most likely, but worth it. Every cob I have that can take one has one of his stems.

Yes, that's where I'll be getting my next cob from when I need it. Kill two birds with one stone. I like the fancy lucite stems, $24 but worth it I think.
Anthorn

Postby custodian » Fri May 03, 2013 2:03 am

Received my MM Legend bent in the mail today... packed her up with Five Brothers after some yard work... she smokes that stuff great... my other 2 pipes have somewhat smaller bowls... and a fill of Five Brothers doesnt yield a long smoke... finally I have a pipe that makes that dry stuff more enjoyable.

I am very happy with the purchase.
Patrick
Southern Illinois
custodian

Postby Dai » Thu May 08, 2014 9:06 am

I've been using the Savinelli balsa filters in my cobs and they work great. much better than the Medico filters.
Dai

Return to Non-briar pipes